The two twins walked out Hershel's house hand in hand as Cassie gently pulled Rick behind her until they made it to the porch and they both stopped. When Shane arrived at the porch he stood on one of the steps not saying a word. He had never seen Rick like this before but he recognised how Cassie was from the day rick was shot.

"He's alive. He's still alive?" Otis asked to which neither grimes twin replied. Cassie ran a hand over her face unconsciously spreading blood all over her face. Shane saw her face covered in carls blood but when he went over to wipe it off she slapped his hand away from her.

"Don't!" She sobbed out backing away from Shane who backed away turning to Rick who had done the same thing. Rick let Shane wipe the blood of his face as Shane tried to calm Rick down. Whilst they did so Cassie looked down at her hands covered in dried blood and only then did she notice that it looked like she had been stabbed with all the blood covering her t shirt. She slowly removed the quiver that was still secured to her back thankful no arrows were missing before dropping it onto the deck near where Shane had placed her bow he had recovered from where Rick dumped it in the grass just before the house.

Shane asked where Carl was so Rick and Cassie slowly began to make their way back into the house leading Shane to the room Carl had been put into. Once they reached the room Hershel looked up at them his hands on a towel that was keeping carls wound from bleeding too badly.

"What's his blood type?" Hershel asked the twins.

"A-positive, same as both of us" Rick replied.

"That's good there's two of you. Don't wonder far I'm gonna need you both" he told them before turning to Otis "what happened?"

"I was tracking a buck. Bullet went through it. Went clean through" Otis explained to Hershel.

"The deer slowed the bullet down which certainly saved his life. But it did not go through clean. It broke up into pieces. If I can get the bullet fragments out I count six" Hershel told them as Otis walked over to the women Patricia.

"I never saw him not until he was on the ground" he told Patricia who pulled him in for a hug,

A sudden wave of realisation hit Cassie as she turned to face Rick asking "what about Lori. She doesn't know"

Rick listened to Cassie words before he began to cry harder again sobbing "my wife doesn't know" over as Shane held him close. At the same time Shane extended an arm to Cassie who took it letting Shane wrap an arm around her neck and pull her close.

————————————————
As Daryl led his group through the woods he was beginning to grow fed up of Lori constantly stoping or turning around. There had been a gunshot and sure she was worried about her family but they had a little girl to find.

Andrea saw Lori had stopped and asked "you still worried about it?"

"It was a gunshot" Lori replied still staring out into the distance.

"We all heard it" Daryl told her causing Lori to turn quickly on her feet to face him.

"Why just one? Why just one gunshot?" She questioned him the worry for her family growing as hundreds of different possibilities ran through her head.

"Maybe they took down a walker" Daryl suggested to her wanting to get the women moving again.

"Please don't patronise me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker. Or Shane plus Cassie had her bow." Lori argued back.

The mention of Cassie made something in Daryl worry slightly incase the women had gotten herself into danger. But why did he care? It wasn't like he felt anything for her was it? He shook of the feeling as carol spoke.