╏ᴸᴏɴɢɪɴɢ ᶠᵒʳ ʜɪˢ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ╏

Start from the beginning

"Lucifer.."

"Y̵͕̫̏̂̈̽͌ö̵̺̮́́̀̀͋̇͂̂̓͒ͅù̵̬̞̣̤͎̟̠͎̉͛̀͆͒̓͘͜͝ř̴̨͈͖͙̦͗̽̾ ̸̛̬̉̀̒̇̑̌̍̑̚t̴̰̫̟̦͚͋̔ǒ̶͔͇͉̈u̴̢̖͕̹̫̼͌͋̆̆͒̕c̷̟̩̖̓̾͋̔̀̾͒̈́͠h̷̨̻͔̔̔̀́̀̄ ̸̨̖͇͈̑̆i̶̧͛͌͌s̶̗̤͙̤͇̑̈́̒͘͜͝ ̸̤͕̉̑̂̔͌̍t̶̛̛̪̣̊͐̽̓͘ŗ̷̧͉̺̭̞̜͚͍̝̏̌̑̉͐ŭ̷̢͇̠͉͈͈̝̍͐̕l̴̹̲͔̿̾̃͛̋͗̆͠ỳ̴̼̾̕ ̶̣̰̳̤̓͑͋̇͘͝ͅf̷̡̟͍̪̭̠̺̓̎͐̋̈́̆̂̕͝u̷̧̳̗̤͗̎ļ̸̛̙͇̏̌̒͐̈́̇͠f̶̭̥̜̼̠̜͉͕͛́̓͋͘͝i̶̢̡͎̗̦͚͔͂̐̒̈̏͂̂͊̚̚ͅl̷̫̿̓̃̐̿̾͂̚͝ḻ̴̻͎̔̐́̕i̸͖̞̤̬̯̩̗̘̾̀̀̃͌̉̈́͒̎n̷̡̻̣̲͛̍̾̌̅͊̈̈́͝͝g̵̡͇̹̼̙̼̦̙͊̅͛̽̕͘͘"

─────

─────

│Sᴀᴛᴀɴ ᴾᴼ

Idiots that are careless are certainly a hassle. Mammon simply does not know when to stop: "It's just a book!" Pfft! Yes, just a book. Stupid Mammon! It was a limited-edition detective series from the human world; the author had only manufactured 10 copies of that particular book. Gone in an instant... It makes me want to laugh.

Mammon took my belongings and left for the auction place. He'd given it to an auction house dealer, prompting a transaction in which he'd earn 65% of the grimm and the other guy would get the remainder. He had done so in order to get it out before I found out.

Which clearly didn't work out, hence why I found out. The idiot was blabbering about it over the phone like an idiot; I should be glad he's an idiot; if he weren't, I would've never found out.

I drew my coat and cap closer to my body and made my way towards the entrance, eager to find my prized possession. I'll utilise this opportunity to learn what it's like to be a detective and look for clues along the way-

─────

─────

Wha- what is this?! Why am I detecting blood lust all of a sudden- who?!

My airway was instantly choked off, and my eyes shot in the direction the source was coming from: the quantity of bloodlust seeping under the entry door was something I'd never seen before.

Trembling to my knees as my possessions slip from my hands, I instinctively lift them to my neck for relief, though just asI was ready to pass out, the blood thirst vanishes as if it never existed...what?

My eyes turned horrible crimson, demonstrating my rage towards the source of this.

How... how dare they?!

A threat?

Bringing one of Devildom's most powerful demons to their knees?!

Unforgivable!!

Thousands of vengeance strategies raced through my mind as I stood up and marched directly to the door, vowing not to hold back on anyone who dared to treat me as such-

Heavy footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs to the main entrance, as well as in the hallway.

"Ya gotta tell me I'm not the only one who felt like I was bein' suffocated by a fish!"

Stupid Mammon.

The door blasted open just as I was going to say anything.

"Beloved, I've returned."