Twelve

"Have you heard about Chaeryeong leaving school permanently?"

"Yeah. She finally chickened out after so many years of trying to kick her out of this school." Deafening laugh filled the classroom from the students who does not have their own life to mind. They whispered, gossip, and talk shits about everything and everyone they can think of.

" No more weird teacher's pet in the classroom!" A male student from the back of the classroom shouted in pleasure as he sit like some kind of gangster.

"Right, but there's still a goddamn problem. That Shin bitch. That girl just wouldn't get any suspension or expulsion even though she's the biggest troublemaker. "

"She'll leave eventually. Just see. She'll never have the guts to face and attend school forever! " The male student replied and playfully winked at his friend.

"Whatever you're on Yeonjun, just make sure my name wouldn't get involve." And the room was again filled with laughter until a tall redhead entered the classroom with her head down. Behind her was Shin Ryujin with her hands on her pocket, maintaining an emotionless face.

The two walked toward their seats. They still haven't spoke. A week had past since all the drama happened and the two never had the courage to face each other and talk. Chaeryeong decided to attend to school today just because Lia, her professor, and now their guardian forced her to with her sweet talks. Even though without proper communication, Ryujin still tailed her friend just to assure her safety specially after the humor of Chaeryeong's parents abandoning her spread like a wildfire.

The class ended after some time. It was the usual classes, nothing special, except Ryujin and Chaeryeong are still ignoring each other.   Yeji on the other hand kept quiet beside Ryujin, she doesn't have any idea of what's going on between the two and she doesn't seem to give a care about it. She just worry about Lia not giving her attention when she got stuck between them. Thinking about it makes her sick to her stomach but she doesn't worry that much. Lia prioritizes her.

"R-ryujin, pasta?" Yeji pushed the plate of pasta in front of the pink haired girl. "Eat. Lia gets mad when I don't eat. I don't want her to get mad at you."

"You too. Eat, " The brunette pouted as she handed Chaeryeong a sandwich made by Lia. "Hate sharing food made by Lia but you, eat. Yeji not bad."

Silence. Deafening silence between the two. Good thing they're in the cafeteria, full of people talking non-stop or else it would have been really awkward for Yeji.

"Hey there," Yeji looked up and saw Lia, wide smile crept onto her lips and her eyes glittered in excitement. She couldn't contain herself. Lia kept her promise last night. "Just like I promised, I'll make it up to you. How's your day, so far?"

"Fine..." She hugged Lia, not minding all the students who can see them or who might be gossiping about them. "But them... not fine."

Lia chuckled. "Let them be. I didn't knew you're eating with some chickens." Referring to the two who are still ignoring each other.

"No, Yeji didn't ordered chickens." The brown haired girl pouted clearly didn't get Lia's joke. " I picked pasta. Don't like it so I gave it to her." She pointed at Ryujin.

"Also shared your sandwich with her..." Lia laughed upon seeing Yeji's face . She pointed Chaeryeong who's spacing out with a grimace. " Yeji hates  sharing food."

"I know, that's why I made something special just for you." The professor winked and Yeji smiled widely. She pulled out a container from the paper bag she's holding. "How does Jeyuk Bokkeum tastes for lunch?"