2 • 140 • 152

Zacznij od początku

"You saved me from the flames. You brought me in the tower where I could meet with the people who truly love me. You saved me from dangers with your chrysanthemum petals. And to accompany me whenever I'm happy or sad, you gave up half of your strength and even risked your future for it. You did those all for me.... and now you even helped me with my wish."

She acted like she was grateful for him dragging her into a hell.

"... because that's what I owe you. From the moment you entered the tower, I've been pressuring you to kill and to be merciless. I've been forcing you to climb the tower as fast as you can and thought of sacrificing your blood and life in order to regain my freedom," Noah denied.

"I didn't save you from danger. I just took you out and brought you to another hell pit. The one who saved another is... you."

'You are the one who brought me out from the darkness. You've already went through a lot in order to reach the Hell Train...... but your journey doesn't end there. The moment you entered this tower... your destiny is more than just to free me. You are destined to be a monster.'

Charlotte's smile faded when she heard Noah's opinions. Her face turned solemn for a moment, before she smiled again, relaxed.

"Then... do you regret bringing me to this tower?" Charlotte asked.

It was a question that he had thought for some time, so he was aware of his own answer already.

"Sometimes I feel guilty, seeing how you end up getting injured and sacrificing yourself. But in the same time....."

He reached out his hand towards the blindfold of her eyes. His hand stopped right in front of her blindfold, not daring to touch her.

"... I feel like bringing you to this tower is one of the best choices I've made."

Charlotte smiled wider when she heard it.

"So it means that you don't completely consider my arrival to this tower as something bad," said Charlotte. "It's a good thing."

"It doesn't mean I'm happy with this either. You get hurt often."

"Because I must get stronger, Noah. There are more things I want to do, things that I want to achieve on my own."

"But your ambition is killing me from inside."

Charlotte was stunned to hear those words. Noah said those words by accident and it took him a moment to realize what he said.

He coughed and said, "I mean, everyone else is worried about you."

Charlotte thought that it was fair enough, considering that now she had many people who were caring of her and were worrying for her. In the past, she desired this kind of attention. But now, she wished that they would stop worrying for her.

She cared for them as well, so rather than seeing them frowning and crying, she wished to see them smile. She wanted them to feel proud of her achievements.

"Noah, ever since I arrived from the tower, I realized one thing," said Charlotte. "No, I should have realized from my first life. That in anywhere... everything must be fair. If you want something, there is a price you must pay. Otherwise... the thing that you desire won't be completely be yours. You won't be able to get stronger, mentally or physically."

The example was Rachel. Everything that she achieved was given from others. Perhaps the only skills that she practiced on her own was her manipulative lies and Light Bearer's skills. But putting those aside, she achieved nothing. She didn't want to be that kind of person, as she was sure that she wouldn't be able to live long with that kind of ability.