TEN

Terynzia strode onto the bridge, her eyes on the viewscreen where the image of a vessel hovered. Loridian watched her move closer to the screen, uncertain he had ever noticed the swing of her hips and muscled thighs as much as now. Her long, glossy black hair that had been free and over her shoulders the night prior had been drawn back into a ponytail, the ends dancing near the bottom of her spine, drawing his attention to her large ass.
     "Have they communicated?" she asked in the deep voice she used with Midgardians, drawing his attention to the matter at hand.
     "We lost track of them an hour ago," Lieutenant Commander Farmiga replied when the other technicians looked too frightened to respond. Terynzia gave her a sharp look.
     "And you waited until now to inform me?" She turned her head as though just noticing him, but he highly doubted that. He wasn't sure why her narrowing her eyes at him went straight to his groin. "A word, chancellor," she said in a low voice, marching toward the commander's ready room without asking permission, which possibly turned him on more than watching that ass walk away from him.

He stepped inside to find his war goddess mate standing a few feet away, glaring at him with her aquamarine eyes he'd never found beautiful before last night. The door slid shut behind him and he reached behind him to seal the door. She strode up to him.
     "Still disrespecting me?" she asked in a low growl. He reached around her, pulling her ponytail over her shoulder, his gaze smoldering, some of the ice leaving hers.
     "And you're still holding back in front of others when you want to tear my head off."
     She snatched her hair away, casting it behind her, but he thought he rather liked that better.
     "Don't sweet-talk me, chancellor—"
     He took her by her wide hips and brought her closer, adoring the way her eyes lost their aggravation, replaced by involuntary warmth.
     "I like watching you walk away from me," he said in a near growl, her eyes heating. His arm reached around her, his hand finding her lower back as he brought her closer, his mouth finding her throat. Her hands touched his hair, letting him run his lips over her skin.
     "Try to concentrate, chancellor," she whispered, but he could tell she'd already lost hers. His hands grabbed her hips possessively and a low growl escaped her throat. The next moment, he'd pushed her onto the desk, moving between her legs as he kissed her passionately, his hand finding her core. The moan from deep in her throat aroused him further, her hands on his that teased her.
     "Come when I say," he growled in an order, her legs coming up to press his hand harder against her, her breaths already panting. He recognized the moan and cry she released a few moments later, but he wasn't overly disappointed. He pushed her back onto the desk, placing a knee between her legs, his hand yanking on her hair.
     "Disobedient mate," he said in a low voice as her eyes looked up at him like a cat that had just feasted on fresh fish. He lowered his head and gave her a little kiss so different from his demeanor and hold on her hair.
     Terynzia's hands found his hair in a caress, the sweet kiss from the most violent creature he knew doing things to his heart. When he felt wet against his face, he jerked back, staring down at her. Her wet aquamarine eyes gazed up at him, as vulnerable as a Midgardian maiden on her wedding night.
     "I guess I've ruined the mood," she said in a thick voice. His thumb touched her cheekbone that shone with tears, wondering if he walked in a dream.
     "Darling, you are the mood."
     She smiled when he pressed his lips to her tears. Her hand took his head in a solid grip, Loridian certain he dreamed when he felt the force of nature trembling underneath him.
     "How long have you felt this way?" he whispered.
      "Since before we met. Whose idea do you think it was?"
     The words seized his heart and squeezed, recalling all of her actions through different eyes, and how terrible he'd been to her for the last two hundred years. He pressed his forehead against hers.
     "Forgive me for not seeing?"
     She sucked in a breath. He pressed his mouth to her hair and she clung to him, this person he didn't know, had never known, but saw for the first time.