20-What Will I Do Then?

"Your final exam scores should be posted. Those with failing scores in any subject will be taking makeup exams on Sunday."

After Ms Shiraki spoke, some students in the class groaned.

"I don't want to hear it!" Ms. Shiraki said. "You should be grateful to your teachers for this second chance. Their all giving up their weekends to help you."

Amira had not failed any of her exams, but her scores were lower than usual. Although it shouldn't have bothered her, somehow it did. As she looked at her test scores, she rubbed her temples in irritation, feeling a headache coming on. Deciding to stop focusing on herself, she checked on Tohru. Both Amira and Yuki had helped her study, and Amira was rooting for her.

"Tohru." Amira said, walking over to her. "How did you test go?" She said. As she walked over to her, Yuki also joined her.

Tohru immediately shrieked and flew away from her, waving her hands and dropping to the floor.

Amira's smile dropped as she immediately sweat dropped.

"Please forgive me.." Tohru said. "Don't look at me.."

Amira stared at her for a moment. Then she realized.

"Oh...do you have makeups?" Amira asked.

Tohru nodded.

"Hey, the world isn't ending here." Uotani said, crouching down beside her.

"Besides, the makeups have easier questions than the regular test." Hana said.

"Don't worry, you shouldn't let it get to you much." Yuki smiled. "It'll be okay, everyone has bad days."

Amira smiled and crouched in front of Tohru. "It's okay, no one's upset at you. How about I help you study again? We'll make sure you ace these makeups."

Tohru started crying into her hands.

"I'm sure you'll pass the makeups with flying colors." Hana said.

"I think you should worry about yourself..." Uotani said.

"It's odd...why is my headache getting worse all of a sudden? Im sure it will pass." Amira thought.

___

But as Amira walked home with Tohru and Kyo, she realized that she wasn't feeling better. To study with Tohru, Yuki took on her share of the student council duties for the day. As Amira walked, not only did her headache worsen, but she also started to sway and feel fatigued.

"It's true?" Kyo asked, turning back to look at Tohru. "You got a makeup?"

Tohru screamed and flew away from him, falling to the ground.

Both Amira and Kyo sweatdropped.

"Jeez, calm down." Kyo said. "Just asking."

"It'll be fine Tohru." Amira said. "I promise."

"I really want her to do well, I can't continue to be sick, I have to get better now so I can help her, and even if I don't, as long as they can't tell, it's fine.."

But as Amira was walking, she tripped, and her head fell on Kyo's back, and Tohru stared at her with a sweat drop while Kyo blushed and looked back at her confused.

"What's with you?" Kyo asked. "Are you worried about something too?"

Amira immediately stood up. "No, I'm fine. Let's just get home."

Kyo sighed. "I swear, you're hopeless. If you worry too, your gonna end up with a fever...."

Suddenly, Amira sneezed. With a poof a smoke, she was laying on the ground transformed.