08~

Today was a special day. There was gonna be a big  storm, with loud thunder and hung over cloud's.

Perfect timing from the Cullen's routine baseball game.

And Edward was bringing Bella...

"... yay." Alex enthused sarcastically. They could have easily had their game to themselves as usual.

Why they had to invite the human, was beyond him.

"At least try to act excited, Angel." Emmett grinned, wrapping his arms around his mate, tight while swaying them from side to side.

"Oh, I'm just jumping for joy." The boy said flatly, his facial expression matching the tone of his voice.

It made the bear giggle, before planting a kiss atop the smaller boys head and letting him go.

They were split into two teams (obviously). One team of dark hair, and another team of blond hair.

Rose, Carlisle, Jasper, and Malik were on the blonde team.

Alex, Esme, Edward, Emmett, Alice... and now Bella were on the dark haired team.

It wasn't even. Like, at all.

But it worked well.

How ever with Bella added into the mix, he had no idea how this game was gonna turn out.

In the mean time, everyone was either setting up the bases or goofing off. Alex, in the end, decided to warm up along side Jasper.

Bella and Edward didn't arrive until a little later in Emmett's Jeep.

The two of them walked onto the field side by side.

They approached greeting Esme as they came over. A little further a head, Rose and Carlisle were tussling over the bat; their hands overlapping each other's playfully to try and win it for themselves.

Rose pushed Carlisle away as she took the bat. Esme led Bella away as she smiled at the playful scene. "Glad you're here. We need an umpire."

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett smirked, passing behind the two woman.

"I know you cheat." Esme said as a matter of fact, giving the burly boy a side eye as she position Bella where she'd be for the majority of the game. "Call them as you see them, Bella."

"Okay." The human girl laughed nervously.

It was almost time. As the blonde team practiced their swings, the dark haired team went out onto the field to take their places.

It was a ridiculous sight to see how Emmett chose to warm up by pretending he was boxing. The scene had both his mate and Jasper laughing, before the boy patted the older vampire on the back for good luck and made his way over to Esme and Bella.

The game was about to begin.

"It's time." Alex called out as the first bit of thunder and lightning sounded.