Chapter SiXtEeN

HARRY:

After finishing painting the nursery he had taken Sam for the play rehearsal and now watching him having a fit check for the show tomorrow when he saw his step brother Eddie doing some paperwork in the corner so he started to walk towards him.

"-Hey." he greeted once he get closer to Eddie.

'-Hey.' Eddie replied looking up from his work.

"How'd it go?" harry asked him now both of them looking at Sam.

'Better?' Eddie tells him looking at Sam smiling
'And then Kacey came on stage with kevin, and Sam got off-track.' he tells him.

"Well, we still have a day." harry said now being serious.

'It's a Christmas play in a community theater--no one's expecting Shakespeare,' Eddie reasoned him smiling.
'except maybe a couple of parents.' eddie said huffing slightly.
'My goal is for the kids to learn and have fun. It doesn't seem like Sam is having any fun.' he said folding his arms and looking at Sam's stiff and anxious expressions.

"Yeah." harry replied exhaling soundly.

'I mean, if need be, I can read the narrator's--' Eddie proposed but cut off by Harry in the middle immediately.

"No. That would embarrass Sam even more." he said shaking his head.

"Look. Brother favor? Don't decide yet.
Zayn and I'll see what we can do." harry said looking back at Sam.

'Sure.' Eddie replied casually looking at harry smirking slightly which Harry didn't understand and look at his brother weirdly for doing so.

~~~~~~

ZAYN:

he was sitting in the waiting area of the community theatre with zaneyah eating chocolate donuts when his phone buzzed with the call from his dad.

"Mm. Hold this. I'll be right back." he said standing up from the chair and handing his donut to zaneyah before he left to attend the call.

'Dad! Hey!' he said after picking the call.

'Hey! Bert Biddle came up to my place today to tell me that my family was looking for me? Is everything okay?'  yaser asked in a loud voice which made Zayn take his phone a little away from his ears.

"Yes, actually. The news is all good. You're a grandpa again!" he informed him beaming.

'From you?' yaser asked shocked.

"Pfft What? No. Dad, come on." he replied confused at his father's antics.

'Right? I mean, that's why I was confused!' yaser said laughing loudly.

"It's Doniya and Amir. Remember the baby
that was supposed to come New Year's Day? Well, she came early and they're stuck
in a snowstorm and it's gonna--" he rambled completly before stopping and sighing at himself for always be like this.

"You know what? Let me back up to the part where you get the chance to save Christmas." he said after composing and started to tell his dad of what he have to do.

~~~~~~~

After coming back from the theatre they both had fed the children and now they are asleep in their rooms so they decided to get on with their plan to work on wrapping presents.

Zayn decided to put some Christmas song on the radio in the living room and went in the kitchen to grab two glasses of red wine half full for both of them whereas harry decided to wrap a skateboard sitting on a bean bag.

'Thank you.' harry replied taking the glass from Zayn.

"Boop!" zayn said picking and putting a gift ribbon bow on Harry's head.

'Thank you.' harry said chuckling looking up at Zayn.

"I think it looks cute." zayn said now laughing and drinking the wine.

"Oh, okay. So... how are we gonna wrap that?" zayn said putting the drink aside and now sitting on floor in front of Harry looking at the children scooty.

'Lotta tape, my friend.' harry said nodding his head.

"Okay! Okay." zayn said not understanding a single thing and taking a wrapping sheet and started to crunch it around the scooty's body.

"-No, not this way." he said talking to himself and now changing his technique and started cringing the paper on the base of scooty.

"Nope, that's..." he said now putting the wrap on the handles instead which made harry stop his wrapping and chuckles softly looking at him struggling cutely.

"Oh... okay. Okay... around." zayn grunts now tapping the crunched paper from the top to the bottom.

"That's a disaster." zayn said chuckling miserably sitting back and looking embarrasely at his half covered scooty with tape and crumbled gift wrap.

'No, it's perfect.' harry tells him controlling his laughter but failing.

"It's so bad." zayn said now laughing along with harry.

'So, what do you want to do?' harry asked after the laughs subsided which made Zayn look at him questionably.

'About Sam?' harry said explaining.

"I can talk to him tomorrow. You know, see if I can come up with any techniques that'll help him focus." zayn said nervously inhaling.

'I can watch Zaneyah while you do, maybe I can finally get her to make the Christmas stocking.' harry said looking at him smiling.

"About that ...I feel like I'm taking advantage of you." zayn said hesitantly looking at harry.

'What do you mean?' harry said no more smiling looking at him not understanding what zayn meant.

"O-Our original deal was for a couple of days, at most. We're headed into day four,
if you count you watching them before I arrived." zayn said stuttering slightly.

'I don't.' harry shrugged slightly with saddened eyes.

"But I do. The nursery's almost done--
you must have other things you have to do." zayn said pushing further.

'It slows down around the holidays.' harry said smiling to lighten the mood. 'Besides, I'd feel like I was quitting in the middle if I left now. But don't consider it part of, you know, the payment.' harry said in a small voice looking down and picking at his nails.

"Of course, I'd consider it part of the payment. I'm not gonna take advantage
of your kindness." zayn said looking at harry but he was looking at him with no emotions on his face which made Zayn grab harry's hand on his lap and started rubbing his knuckles whilst looking in his eyes to understand the sudden change in Harry's mood but he just smiled tightening his grip on Zayn's hand when they hear a voice calling zayn.

'Uncle Zayn?' zaneyah said now coming in there sight standing on the stairs.

This made both of them scrambling in panic and they pushes the gifts in between of them and put two duvet on each other to cover the gifts from zaneyah's eyes.

"Hey! What are you doing up?" zayn said in a high pitched voice.

'Can we talk?' zaneyah said sadly looking at him and goes back to her room.

"Okay." zayn said getting up from the floor looking at harry which gave him motivated nod and he started to go up the stairs to talk to her sad niece.

NOTE :
a little update.
Zayn is a little slow (shake my head)
Hope you enjoy and vote this up if it isn't getting boring?