Chapter TeN

ZAYN:

They reached at the Christmas special market where the play audition and the Christmas stocking crafts booth to make stockings for baby with zaneyah are at. Zayn and Harry were walking side by side with zayn holding zaneyah's hand while Sam and Kacey were walking ahead of them.

'Look at all the big Nutcrackers!' zaneyah said jumping and pointing in the direction where she has seen the nut crackers.

"Whoa! Look at all the big Nutcrackers!" Zayn said with a fake  enthusiasm but still fascinated.

'Ah, I take it you didn't go to a lot of these growing up?' Harry said looking at him smiling.

"Does the Museum of Modern Art count?" he said jokingly.

'There's a slight difference. Well, I gotta go paint sets until the auditions are over.' harry said turning to look at him when all the kids ran ahead of them to look around the market.

"Oh." Zayn said surprised. "okay!  Uh, yeah. Go. Go, go, go. Text me when you're done." he said reaffirming him innocently and harry smiled big as Zayn watches him started walking towards the shop but he stops midway infront of two blokes and greeted them hugging

'Hey, liam. micheal.' Zayn heard Harry greet them.

'-Hey. -How are you?' Liam asked harry while they hugged awkwardly.

' Nice to see you.' he heard harry replied and saw them talk lowly for sometime which he couldn't catch a word of before harry said bye and started going to the shop.

" Interesting." Zayn said with raised eyebrows after looking at the interaction when he got a jump scare when zaneyah touched his arm and shouts

' Uncle zayn?'

"Hey...Niece zaneyah." he said recovering from the shock. "The Christmas stocking
craft booth is this way."  he completes gesturing towards zaneyah's back.

'There's the reindeer toss! May we do that, please?' zaneyah said after looking behind Zayn instead and pleading him while pouting.

"Don't you want to make a stocking for your new baby sister?"  he asked her.

'Maybe later. Let's go!' she said slightly rolling her eyes and sprinted towards the reminder toss and he just followed her with no choice.

~~~~~~~

AT THE AUDITIONS PLACE:

'Hey, Uncle Eddie.' Kacey said greeting her  other uncle when Sam, herself and harry arrive at the auditions

'Hey, kiddo! Your cousins are getting fitted for their costumes, and after that, Ms. Lizzo wants to see you for Elf Queen.' her uncle Eddie informed her while writing something down on his work pad.

'Where's the fitting area?' Kacey asked.

'I'll show you. I just got done.' one of her cousin Ryan came to get her.

'Good luck, Sam.' she said looking at sam which made him blush and he started to look down at his shoes while Kacey left with the cousin.

'Hey! Thanks so much for coming to try out, Sam. We were left in a lurch, so this is real helpful. And, uh... Gemma asked me to drop Kacey back by her house when it's over
.' Eddie said firstly to Sam gratefully and then tells harry about his step sisters call to harry.

"I'll tell Mom." harry said shrugging.

'-Have fun.' Eddie said to harry which walks out from the place and

'-Let's go! Come on.' started moving forward while holding Sam with the shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~

ZAYN:

He was checking his phone whereas Zaneyah was playing and nailing the game when she tossed the ring on reindeer for god knows how many times.

"Oh? Yeah! You are a reindeer ring-toss ringer." Zayn said to her still on his phone when she poked him to get his attention making another perfect reindeer toss.

'What does a "ringer" mean?' she asked him curiously.

"It means you get another stuffed reindeer." he said looking up from his phone wide eyed and taking the ring from the shopkeeper to hand zaneyah.

'Your turn, Uncle Zayn.' zaneyah tells him passing the reindeer to him again.

"Oh, no, this isn't for me." Zayn said chuckling at her.