The Tragic Backstory

Start from the beginning

"Do what you think is right then." You shrug. "I mean, yeah, it's what got be pre-banishment, but I knew it was the right thing."

Another thing Zuko wanted to know. "I told you how I was banished, and what my father did to me...why did the monks want to exile you?"

You took in a breath and held a long exhale, remembering the moment. "Remember when I told you that I was the most violent air-nomad? Well, when I was 13, stories above it a massive war were very popular. Mind you, this was before I was frozen for 100 years."

"You we-"

"No interruption!" You cut Zuko off, silencing him. "One day, when we were going around the earth kingdom, blessing babies and boring shit, a man came up to me...."

The sun was shining bright, not a single cloud in the sky. For the last two months, you've been taken away from your home in the Western Air temple and taken to another temple, one for boys as they thought the Abatar was among them, and you were chosen to protect since you were one of the first to get your tattoos.

You had just outgrown your bald head from when you got your tattoos last year, now your hair was at your neck, a small bob haircut. You walked around with a bored expression, stopping to look at puppet show nearby.

"Excuse me! Kid, are you an air-bender?" A voice called out to you, you turned around with a deadpan look on your face.

"Are the tattoos not evidence." You raised your arms, and the man just laughed.

"My wife, she just had my firstborn last week, I was wondering if you could bless him?" He bowed to you.

You turned behind you, seeing the monks and nuns not too far away. You looked back to the man. "Sure, what's his name?"

"I've named him after my best friend, uh, Huyn." He chuckles. "Right this way."

He lead you past a crowd and towards a house. He opened the door for you, and you noted how dark it was. No sign of a baby anywhere. That was when it hit you. He pushed you against the wall, your face smushed against the cold concrete. He had a knife in hands placed against your neck.

"You scream, and I'll kill you." He pushed his hips towards you. Tears brimmed your eyes.

"...you remember that move I did on Zhao, how I took the air from him?" You looked dead straight at the ground. "It was how I got my tattoos, but the monks swore me to never use it. I won't regret killing that man."

Zuko was quiet for a moment. "You should've done more."

You looked back at him, only seeing his jawline and hair, but you smiled at him anyway. You leaned into him, and rested your head on his shoulder. You were still tried as hell.

You had fallen asleep on his back, and you woke up when Zuko started to shift. You looked around you, seeing the bison fur was coming to end, Aang was standing at the end of it and Azula was far too close to him.

"Do you really want to fight me?" Azula smugly asked.

The ostrich-horse ran into the open, and you and Zuko jumped off. You landed on your feet, but Zuko landed on one knee, posing.

"Yes." Zuko got up, throwing his hat away dramatically. "I really do."

"Zuko?...Y/n?" Aang was confused. A lot of confusion today. You patted Zuko's back no moved towards Aang, winking at him.