Maegor's Bastard Returns

Thirteen years past since the war between the Blacks and Greens. House Lannister had been stripped of their wealth, and the Hightowers were removed as the Lord's of Oldtown. Daena was Queen of Dragonstone, and Aemond was her king. It took a long time, but the kingdom was finally able to regain the wealth it lost. Aeron had gone on a voyage with Lord Corlys when he was 14. He had stayed in touch until Lord Corlys came back and informed her that he had run off. This had devastated Daena, but she waited every day for him to return to her. Elaena had been in king's for years at her own request and now betrothed to Maelor. Daena had also given birth to three more children for Aemond. Rhaegar Targaryen, age 10. Laen Targaryen age 4, and Aelor Targaryen 1 month.

Daena placed her new baby in his cradle as her two sons came into the room, followed by Aemond

"Rhaegar lost again." Laen teased and hugged his mother legs.

"No, I didn't."

Daena grabbed Rhaegar's face. "Is that a bruise?"

"He fell. Again." Aemond said as he walked to the cradle and placed a hand on the baby's belly.

Daena gave Aemond the side eye, then kissed her son on his forehead.

"Go clean up. I need to speak to your father. " She told Rhaegar.

"Can I hold the baby?" He asked.

"Now." She said, pointing to the door.

Rhaegar groaned and pulled Laen out of the room with him.

"You miss him." Daena said.

Aemond sat on the bed. "Miss who?"

"You know who I'm talking about. Aeron."

Aemond looked out of the window. "Don't you?"

Daena sat down beside him and held his hand. "I miss him more than the air I breathe. There are places in the heart you don't even know exist until you love a child."

"He's alive, I know it." Aemond said.

"I believe that too. But Rhaegar is not Aeron."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning.. I remember watching you train with Aeron every morning on the beach. You both loved it. But Rhaegar is different. He doesn't learn like Aeron." She said as he lay her head on his shoulder.

"I know. I'll go easier on him."

"Thank you." She said and got the brush from her table. She sat back down, and Aemond sat on the floor between her legs.

"How is Vhagar?" She asked as she loosed his hair and removed his eye patch.

Aemond sighed as Daena began to brush his hair. "Weak. But she will be alright for the travel back to Kings landing."

"Can you believe our daughter is getting married?"

Aemond groaned. "Don't remind me."

Daena laughed. "She's in love, Aemond."