Chapter 15: My Dear Uncle

Y/N’s POV:

            “Usnavi!” I yelled in joy. He’s finally here! Thank goodness he’s safe..

And he’s with some people. Two dudes wearing the same blue coat as Hamilton. That’s also the exact uniform that Lafayette was wearing when I first saw him.

Looking at the men with Usnavi, there’s no doubt that they’re from the same timeline as Laf and Alexander.

Hercules Mulligan and John Laurens.

I looked at them astonished, while Usnavi’s unlocking the cell using the key he took from the unconscious guard.

When the three of us were finally able to come out, Lafayette and Hamilton immediately went to Mulligan and Laurens to greet them with warm hugs.

“Frères!” (Brothers!) Lafayette exclaimed.

“You’re all finally here!” Hamilton said, almost crying while putting his arm around the dude with curly hair. I assume he’s Laurens.

Dang… He really does look so much like Usnavi.

“Of course were here! We’ll always come to save you guys, or else Washington will kill us if he finds out we let y’all die.” Mulligan said proudly.

“Oh shut up. We wouldn’t be here to save them if it weren’t from Usnavi.” Laurens replied.

Mulligan smiled a bit embarrassed and scratched his nape.

Laurens smiled, until he’s eyes laid on me. His smile turned into a teasing grin.

“Ah… And you must be Y/n!” Laurens said, raising his eyebrows up and down. He slowly walked up to me and offered his right hand.

“It’s nice to finally meet the woman who made my dear friend weak on his knees!” He stated, making Alexander and Hercules chuckle. I found myself blushing and looking at Lafayette. He’s now massaging the bridge of his nose.

“Uh… hi?” I greeted him awkwardly and shook his hand.

“Stop embarrassing me John..” Lafayette mumbled.

“Well where’s the fun in that? It’s what friends do, you know? By the way, pretty miss. My name is-”

“John Laurens. Yeah, I know.” I interrupted him, smirking.

“And you’re Hercules Mulligan.” I turned to the man with a bandana on his head.

He just nodded at me, smiling.

“Well I’m glad I’m still famous after three centuries.” Laurens said proudly.

“Yeah, yeah. Enough with the nonsense. We still have to get out of here before uncle notice us.” Usnavi stated.

“Yes, he’s right. Enough with the nonsense. We have to-”

Enough with the nonsense, indeed….” A voice suddenly announced, cutting Laf’s sentence.

All of us turned to the doorway where we heard someone speak. All of us froze when we saw the least expected sight we wanted to see.

It's Santiago, together with his butler and a whole dozen of bodyguards behind him.

Lafayette immediately stepped in front, covering me behind his back.

“I knew this would happen. What I did not expect was for all of you to move so fast. But unlucky for you… I’m faster.”  Santiago let out a scornful chuckle.