Chapter 2: He's 100% Real

Y/N's POV:

"LAFAYETTE?!" I screamed in the top of my lungs, not believing what's happening.

He also looked at me surprised, and confused.

"You know my name?" He asked me quietly, his thick French accent escaping his mouth.

"W-wait... YOU ARE HIM?!"

"Yes! I am! C-can you please tell me what place this is? I need to go back to camp..." He said in a voice almost begging.

I still couldn't believe what is happening. He... looks even more handsome in person...

"Wait... no... This is just a dream..." I said, slapping both my cheeks. "Yes! Haha! This must be just a dream!" I said, laughing as I continue to slap my face.

Lafayette looked at me with a concerned face, and decided to step a little closer.

"Are you... alright?" He hesitantly asked.

"Yeah, this is just a dream..." I keep reminding myself, still slapping my face as I look at him stare at me with pure concern and confusion.

"I apologize, mademoiselle but... I believe this is not a dream. Well, I also thought I was dreaming but then I hurt myself earlier by that... How you say? Oh amusing invention... It produces it's own fire when I turned a knob-"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY STOVE?" The poor frenchman jumped when I shouted.

"Nothing, mademoiselle! I turned it off when it burned my hand..." He showed his left hand a little swollen and blistered .

I pinched my self hard and it hurt... I can finally say this isn't a dream..

I facepalmed accepting my madness. "Dear Lord..." I prayed quietly.

"Uhh... My question is still isn't answered, mademoiselle."

I sighed, and looked at him, tired. "Let's treat your hand first, and then our questions will be asked and hopefully answered." I said and got up.

He nodded like a little kid who doesn't know what to do. He then followed me outside my room.

I turned on the lights to my living room, and looked for the first-aid kit on my shelf. Then the light started turning on and off again.

I looked at where the switch is and there I see, Lafayette playing with it. Turning on and off the light switch.

"What is this sorcery?" He asked in awe. Again, I facepalmed.

"Lafayette, leave my light switch alone..." I said, and he did.

I finally found my first-aid kit, and made him sit on a chair in front of me. I slowly wrapped his burnt hand with a bandage.

It took me a moment to realize that he was staring at me.

I was about to tell him to stop, when my eyes suddenly met those brown orbs...

Those deep... mesmerizing brown eyes... The first time I saw them was in a painting. And now... I get to look at them up close. Face to face. Real. And I'll say, these real ones are more seductive than the one in the painting...

He blinked, and that is when I snapped back from my trance. My heart began to pound extremely fast. I could feel my face blush light pink. But I'm trying to hide it under my hair.

"So... about my question?" He broke the silence between us.

Great... Now I have to deal with this.

"Well..." I paused for a second, still thinking where to start.