Chapter 11: Kind of Ironic

Y/N’s POV:

             “Are you sure we’re gonna do this?” I asked, a little skeptical.

We’re now at Washington Heights, in Usnavi’s hiding place. I just figured out that this is where he stayed during the time of his absence at school.

Usnavi looked at me nervous, but still managed to smile. He’s currently holding the book of Hamilton.

I looked at Lafayette, and he’s rather chill about it. Probably because he’s one of the only few people who can tolerate his friend.

“We don’t have any choice. Aside from Lafayette, he’s the only person who could come up with a clever idea to save John Laurens and Hercules Mulligan’s books. Well, we might as well just prepare ourselves for what’ll happen next.”

“But you said you wouldn’t wanna risk Hamilton freaking out?” I added.

“Relax, mon cher. I’m here. I know how to handle Hamilton.” Lafayette smirked.

I sighed and let them continue what they needed to do.

Usnavi placed the book on the table in front of us. He slowly opened the book, and through the first page, we saw Alexander Hamilton’s picture. Just like in Lafayette’s book.

Usnavi flipped the page, and read the first paragraph. As he was reading through the second paragraph, the book suddenly started glowing. But Usnavi didn’t stop reading. He continued to read until the book literally shined bright enough to make us look away and cover our eyes.

For a moment, we couldn’t see anything.

After a few seconds, we all opened our eyes and saw the book still at the same position where it was earlier.

“What happened? Where’s he?” I asked.

Usnavi’s eyes widened as he stared at something from behind me.

Then he smiled and said,
“There he is…”

I turned around to see a man, just a few inches taller than me. He had a long hair tied in a ponytail that reached his nape, to the length of his shoulders.

He had a fair skin, dark brown orbs, goatee beard, and tired looking eyes.

This man is Alexander Hamilton?

“Mr. Hamilton, sir..” Usnavi spoke.

“Where am I? And who are you?” He immediately asks with a paranoid expression.

“Mr. Hamilton, I know everything seems to be very confusing at the moment. But I advice you to calm down first.” I suggested, making my voice as serene as possible. I wouldn’t wanna freak the man out even more.

“Who are you people? I demand to know where I am!” He raised his voice.

“Sir, I understand your feelings. But please, calm down.” I told him, still trying to keep my cool.

“Answer my question! Because if you don’t, I will-”

“Mon ami..” Hamilton wasn’t able to finish his sentence when he heard Laf call him from behind.

Hamilton’s expression eased up a bit when he recognized the voice. He turned around and saw Laf looking at him with a solemn expression.

“…Lafayette?” Hamilton’s voice almost cracked, looking at his friend with disbelief in his eyes.