Chapter 11: Avalanche

Start from the beginning

She stayed silent for a moment, seeming to wait to check whether or not anyone was listening, before she said something plain and outright. "You are pitiful. You cannot even understand Guy's intentions well enough to know what this is all for, and now I must observe you to make sure nothing goes wrong on your account." 

"I wouldn't make anything go wrong, that'd be a really stupid idea to be honest." I knew pretty well at this point either of the two god-like beings I currently lived with could kill me very easily. So I just huffed and turned away for the time being. 

"You have to tell them what to do though, unfortunately. Don't mess it up." The green demon filled her tone with even more venom as she told me that, and stepped back to the back of the small room of ice and snow herself. 

"What do you mean?" I couldn't really understand in the moment she said that, but then. 

The ceiling burst open as a stream of power came forth, a large group of demons jumped forth through the hole in the ceiling as the green demon glared at me with a malicious grin. 

To be honest, whatever I was expecting, it was not to get a bunch of chatter inside my head as all the demons started talking to me on and on about their plans and expecting me to approve or deny it. 

I had though acceleration to cope with it, but the worst part was that most of them were unnamed, which meant that whatever plan I did accept, I had to use the term 'this one' or 'that one.'

Eventually I got angry and just started using numbers for each of them based on their species and lineage, kinda like I saw in military movies the few times I'd been to the theatre. I was still pretty fucking annoyed about Afton taking all that shit away from me. 

Once I had told them all whether or not I approved of their ideas, I had to climb up to poke my head out of the caved in ceiling and watch out over them all. As a few of them starting attacking the fortress headon, and others took more effective approaches like firing spells at the mages up on top of the fortress. 

A few still were using skills to hide their presence and trying to sneak inside, with a few of them summoning what looked like an entire legion of lesser demons they'd captured and essentially made into pets or something like that. 

I still didn't really understand how the demons behaved fully, or how their organized themselves. It wasn't really something I had enough context for. 

"You know, you will also have to assist them with might of your own?" The green primordial again teased me about my approach, telling me off in a way that would have made my blood boil if I still had any. 

Luckily I didn't though. So instead it was a cold anger, the piled up like the snow of the blizzard raging around us. Snow that would tumbling into an avalanche with a little bit more pushing, though. 

The worst part was, what she was saying was true. I really didn't want to though, how was I supposed to tell which of those soldiers actually deserved it, or even if it was the right thing to do. 

These demons I'd been sent with though, there were creatures in that fort that were stronger than them. I couldn't exactly tell if they were human or something else, but they were there. 

One of them at least was stronger than me, or now. It was two of them. Two of them were stronger than me. That was annoying. I hated this feeling of being weaker than so many of the things around me, I hated it so much. 

I was weak once, one time, in my old world. That weakness got me killed, so from then on, I was the strongest. Always the strongest, the trump card to beat them all. Afton, the others, Henry,  any night-guard in our way. It didn't matter who, they wouldn't stop my vengeance.