~Epilogue~

Hanging out with Vi is awesome.

Not that Jinx minds hanging out with Caitlyn. The two always have a lot to talk about, and shoot guns, and joke about Vi behind her back. Hanging out with Caitlyn is awesome too.

And of course hanging out with Lux is the best. And it's not just the physical contact (though the physical contact is amazing); the two soulmates can talk about anything, or nothing at all, and it would still be valid. Jinx could be crying in Lux's embrace after an anxiety attack, or the two could be laughing about a silly balloon they saw, or Lux might be getting homesick and finding solace in Jinx and her art, her vision of a perfect Demacia-to-be, the one they are drawing together on a canvas in their bedroom, a Demacia that is never to come to life... In any way, Lux is Jinx's soulmate, her second half, so hanging out with her is the same as just existing.

That being said, hanging out with Vi is a special brand of awesome. Being sisters, the two have an unspoken bond that cannot be broken, and Jinx is now sure of that more than anything else in the world. Jinx knows Vi will never leave, so she doesn't get anxious.

Today, however, it is their sisters-only day as Lux asked Caitlyn to go shopping with her, and yet Jinx is anxious. Even after playing cards and drinking beer (juice for Jinx because meds), Jinx cannot shake off the question that she needs advice on.

"Hey, Vi, there's something I need your help with," Jinx says finally as Vi escapes into her and Caitlyn's bedroom to search for something.

The search takes more time than usual, it seems, because every other second, the woman stops to admire the ring on her finger, which would usually make Jinx gag if it weren't for the fact that she, Jinx, wants to be in the same position soon.

Not being a moron who stares at a ring, no. But... married. Like Vi. Vi has been so much happier since getting married to Caitlyn, and Cait has been happier as well, and Jinx, always one for total devotion, cannot shake off this feeling that she might be doing something wrong because she wants to marry Lux so much. So. Much.

Vi sees the turmoil on her sister's face and sits down on the bed, diverting her full attention to the smaller girl, who is standing there, anxious and unsure.

"Vi, I think... I think I want to ask her to... I wanna ask Lux..." Jinx grabs her arm nervously. What is wrong with me? It's just me and my sister, and, and I want to ask her how to... propose... to Lux.

"You want to propose," Vi confirms with a warm smile and pats the spot next to her on the bed.

Cautiously, Jinx sits down on the bed with a wince. And not just because the sheets probably hold unspeakable volumes of gross post-jingle-jangle stuff. Jinx has never been really shy, but with Lux, it's... different. Lux brings out the best in Jinx, and she's afraid to ruin it.

"Do you think it's too early?" Jinx asks. "We've only been together for five months, what if she says no? What if she doesn't feel that way? What if—"

"Do it."

Jinx turns towards her sister curiously. "What?"