(19) Trying To Dig Out What is Hidden

"Why do you look so pissed?" Stan asked while Kenny was leaning against his locker and tapping his foot impatiently.

Thing is, it has been a few days since the last chapter. The three had barely seen Majorine and Eric around. And if they did, it was as if they were avoiding them.

Kenny knew that it had something to do with Cartman. But unless he had some concrete evidence, Kenny couldn't decide why just yet.

Kyle then says, "Honestly, I'm glad that Cartman doesn't hang out with us as much these past few days. He's tiring." Stan nods. "Cartman's always trying to involve us in whatever business he does." He chuckled.

Kenny clears his throat. "Don't you guys think it's a tad bit weird that Majorine haven't been hanging out with us like usual?" The two boy bffs look at each other and back at him.

"Well..." Stan stammers but he can't seem to think of a answer.

Kyle chimes into Stan's muttering and says, "I mean, she does spend more time with you than us." He does a gesture, indicating that he didn't care much for Majorine since she paid more attention to Kenny than them.

True. Majorine did spend more time with Kenny than the others. She treated him as if he was fragile. A small fragile puppy. At least most of the time.

Kenny always thought it was weird but he enjoyed it regardless. No girl ever treated him like that.

"Hey guys."

A wave of excitement and relief surged through Kenny heard the sound of Majorine's voice. He lifted his head to look at her. And oh how terrible she looked.

Majorine had dark bags under her eyes, her eyes full of tiredness and a bit of stress. Her jolly structure and mood had been replaced with a sad and depressed one. At least, it looked like it to Kenny.

"Damn Majorine, what happened to you??" Stan asked with a bit of concern. Kyle and Kenny just stared at her with shock.

Majorine just smiled softly. "Oh, yknow.. Staying up doing homework."

"From one night?" Kyle questioned, crossing his arms. Stan put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't get on her case now dude. Just- Just look at her...!" Stan had a empathetic look.

Majorine scratched the back of her head shyly. "I'm gonna get to class now. Uhm. See you guys later." She walked past them and Kenny could feel guilt weighing him down by the second.

She didn't even say anything to him.

Without thinking, Kenny just spouted, "Wait!.. Can I tag along?" Majorine stopped in her tracks, turning her head slowly like in a horror movie. She hesitated, but eventually agreed to let him walk her to class.

The two walked off, leaving Stan and Kyle behind. "Were we that annoying?"

Kyle shrugged. "Hm, I guess."

_______________________
(Kenny POV)

We didn't talked at all. I wanted to open my mouth and talk to her but I didn't know exactly what to say. I dreaded every second I wasted.

I was sure Majorine would run away as soon as I mention Cartman. How do I get Majorine to stay without doing anything that would seem threatening?

And so, that was when an idea appeared in my head. I mean, we did it before.. I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

I then reach my hand over to grasp Majorine's hands. It felt nice to feel the warmth of her hands.

"Hum!-..." I hear Majorine mutter, but didn't say anything about me holding her hand. Yes.

I made sure that our hands were latched together securely. Now, I could finally ask her the thing I've been dying to know, "Soo, Majorine. How are things between you and Cartman?" I could feel the grip of her hand softening.

"Oh.. Uhm, Things are fine." She answered, her small smile faltering. "That's- That's good."

The pace of our walking slowed down. "I just help h-him with his homework so that's why.." She said, pointing to her eyes. I swear she sounds more timid than before..

I'm not getting anything out of her. Guess I have to force it. "No- Majorine. I know Cartman. Cartman is not all cupcakes and rainbows." He's a jackass most of the time, sadly. I still wonder why we're still friends with him to this day.

Majorine's eyes widened. "I..."

"Tell me what happened when you and Cartman were in that classroom." I demand, grabbing both her hands then pulling her to the lockers.

I pinned her against a locker, my arms now like a cage around her. I could hear her murmur, "Oh, oh.. Hamburgers..." Majorine shriveled within the presence of my arms.

Huh. I feel like I heard that phrase before.

No. Nope. Concentrate on the objective. "What did Cartman say on that day?" I say more sternly.

Majorine stammered, "Well.. He..." She fiddled with her fingers.

"He just needed help with an assignment, okay?? That's my final answer!" I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration.

"Then why the hell were you crying?"

Majorine froze.