I get to work frothing the milk and preparing the coffee. The dark roast aroma fills the kitchen and I salivate as the heavenly aroma fills my nostrils.

I attempt but fail miserably to do some coffee art. Meh, it doesn't matter. I sip my coffee, leaning against the kitchen cabinet. My taste buds explode from the rich flavor dancing across my tongue, and I moan in delight from the orgasmic taste.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, tastes better than a good cup of coffee.

I don't stop until my cup is empty, spilling the very last drop down my gullet. I wash the few dishes I used, and I wipe off the counter.

I lean against the kitchen island, inspecting an empty round glass fruit bowl with three glass legs in the center. The top part, in the shape of flower petals, is rimmed with gold. The glass is transparent with frosted glass stems and leaves all around the bowl.

The design is unique and dainty. Extraordinarily beautiful. Just like my mom. I raise the bowl in the air, and I read aloud, "Southside Glass. Interesting."

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Mama walks into the kitchen with her green garden gloves, her hair clipped back, and a pair of spectacles perched on her small nose.

"It is," I smile. "Where'd you get it?" I ask as she removes her glasses.

Uncertainty flashes in mama's blue orbs before a smile curls her lips. "Southside Glass. It opened five years ago."

"Oh," I place the bowl down, running my finger along the gold rim. "Are they still open?"

"What is this?" A question on top of a question, noted. Mama raises my lilac pajama top higher up my back. Not that she needed to. It's a crop top for ultimate comfort. I feel mama's fingers on my ribcage on the left-hand side of my back.

"It's a tattoo," I smile sheepishly. "I got it six years ago."

"What kind of butterfly is this?" Mom traces the intricate lines of my black and purple butterfly.

"Celtic."

"It's beautiful, Telly. The purple pops against your tanned skin."

"Thanks mama."

"What's it mean?"

"It symbolizes change," I smile, telling half-truths.

"I see," mama hums before clapping her hands together. "Let me prepare you something to eat. You must be starving after waking up so late."

"I can do it," I assure her. "And you could've woken me. I don't know what happened. I never sleep so late," I huff.

"Nonsense. Go wash up."

I'm about to protest but one stern look from my mom and I'm hugging her from behind, inhaling her fragrant Jasmine, peaches, and vanilla laced with the fresh scent of soil. "Thank you," I say, kissing her cheek.

I stop in the doorway as she opens the silver fridge, the words about Justin's visit next week dying on my tongue. Instead, I choose to continue on my path to shower. I turn the water on, making sure the temperature is right.

The bathroom fills with steam, and I remove my pjs, stepping into the white and baby blue tiled shower. I stick my hand under the water, testing the temperature and it's hot enough for me to handle.

I close the glass door, tilting my face towards the shower head, and run my fingers through my hair.

I want to tell my parents about Justin's planned visit. Warm them up to the idea but I know. My parents love Alec. They've loved him since they met him. My dad made it his priority to do all the things with Alec his father could no longer do. Dad showed him the ropes of boyhood and manhood.