6 Talking

I wake up cuddled against Michael again. I slowly get up and walk to my room to dress myself.

-after breakfast-

"Okay, are you ready to go?". I nod and grab the folder of evidence and the USB stick. "Good let's go" he opens the door for me and I walk out. He locks the door and we both get into his car. We drive to meet my lawyer.

-

"Hello Mr. Jackson and Mrs. (y/l.n), please wait for me in the first room on the left". We both nod and walk into the room.

We sit down and soon after she walks in the room and sits across from us. Michael hands her the folder and the USB stick. "Yes, thank you very much, now, I'd like you to tell me everything possible so my job will be easier".

I sigh, "W-well me and my abusive boyfriend, Daniel Grey, have been together for about 5 years now. He's abused me verbally and physically. He started like one year after we started dating". "I see, what else?".

I look down and grip my pants, "He forced me to stay with him, he.. he told me things like, 'If you leave I'll make your life living hell' or 'I'll be watching you forever, you'll never get away from me'. He kept threatening me".

I sob slightly, Michael noticed and held his hand out to me underneath the desk. I hesitantly took it, but it made me feel more comfortable. "Well, I see here some pictures of you with a lot of bruises?".

I gulp, "Yes, but, those are not the only bruises he gave me, there's more on my body in places I don't want to take pictures". "Alright, how did he 'give' you these bruises?". "By hitting, punching, kicking, throwing beer bottles at me, pushing me into shattered glass from those bottles, pushing me into furniture and well, he sexually abused me as well,.. so the rest is from that..".

"How often would he hit you?". "Every day". "How often did he sexually abuse you?". I take a deep breath, "Every night". I look over at Michael, he looks sad almost. "Okay, anything else?". "Well, he's a cop.. That's also a reason why I haven't left him, he uses the power of his job against me". "Alright.., well if that's it then I guess I won't have to bother you two anymore, have a nice day" she smiles slightly and Michael and I get up.

We leave the room and I look down, blushing, we're still holding hands. We walk outside to his car, I giggle slightly, "Michael?". "Yes?". "How long do you want to hold my hand for?". He blushes and lets go quickly, "I- I'm sorry, I didn't realise-". "It's okay, thank you so much Michael" I say and sit in his car.

-at home-

I cuddle myself closer to him, he lays his arm around me. I blush but continue watching TV. He's so nice and caring..

-

Tears start forming in my eyes. I'm so scared. There's no way I'll be able to convince the judge. I mean, he's a cop. What am I supposed to do?

"Hey, whats wrong?" he turns to look at me worried. "I'm just, I'm sad". "Why? What's wrong?" he asks, carefully holding my hands. "I- I'm just scared of him. What if he comes here again? I don't even want to see him in court. I'm so terrified of what he will do..".

He wraps his arms around me, "Shh~ Everything's okay, everything will be okay, I'll make sure you win alright?" he tells me in a soothing, calm voice. I cry into his chest, "I'm just so scared..". "I know.. I'll protect you from him, don't worry".

I hug him tightly, "T-thank you Michael, I don't know what I'd do without you.. You make me feel so safe..". Michael smiles slightly, "No worries, I'm flattered and glad that you feel safe with me". I see him blush slightly. He let's go of me and wipes my tears away, "Don't cry now, how about we go on a picnic?". I blush, "S-sure" my frown turns into a slight smile. "Great, I'll grab some food and the picnic blanket".

-

"So, where exactly are we having the picnic?". "I know a beautiful place, we can even see the sunset from there" he tells me full with excitement. He locks his front door and we start walking.

Silence. I look up at him while we walk, his eyes glued to the path we're walking on. He's so handsome.. I look down at our hands, they're almost touching as we walk. His hands look so soft. I blush as I remember when I held his hand earlier today. He's so sweet. "We're here" Michael says, cutting off my line of thoughts.

I look up and see a beautiful scenery. "Wow". I hear him giggle next to me, "You like it?". "Yes, it's so pretty!". "Not as pretty as you~". "What?" I blush and look at him. "Uhm- N-nothing! Let's go sit over there!" he tries to change the subject. I follow him and he sets down the blanket, sitting on it. I sit down as well, looking at the sunset.

I notice him staring at me, "Michael?" I giggle slightly. He shakes his head vigorously, "Uh- uhm yes?". "Were you staring at me?". "I uhm, yes, sorry" his face flushes pink. I smile, "It's okay". He sighs and looks at the sunset as well.

He's so adorable and such a gentleman, he's just so nice.

-back at home-

I change into my red pjs and walk into his room, "Hey Mike?". He looks towards me, "Yea- did you just call me Mike?". "Oh uhm, did I? Sorry!". "No-no it's fine, a lot of people call me Mike". I sigh in relief, "Okay, you scared me a bit there". "Oh I'm sorry! Anyways, what did you need?". I look down shyly, "I wanted to sleep here again.. If you don't mind..". "Sure, of course you can" he says and lifts his blanket for me. I see he's only wearing boxers, the sight makes me blush slightly.

I slide under the blanket and I hug him. His warm, bare chest is for some reason really comforting to me. I've never felt this safe with anyone else before. He's... special.

"Goodnight (y/n)". "Goodnight Mike".