*BANG!*

Without thinking it twice, Pearl lifted her gun and fired it.

"Aaagh!" Venus let out a painful groan, gripping her upper arm that was now bleeding after being shot. She stumbled and fell on one knee by the sudden impact, and her shotgun was already on the ground.

What the hell?

What was that all about?

Venus stared at Pearl at a loss.

"Go follow Ms. Kai! She is in danger upstairs! I'll handle this myself!" Pearl shouted loudly at someone.

Hearing this, Venus shifted her gaze, looking behind, and saw a male bodyguard from the main family aiming a gun at her. It seem like he was about to shoot Venus but Pearl had stopped him on time.

Ooh, it made sense now.

Pearl would never shoot Venus.

But the reason why she shot her now was because she was about to lose her life. Pearl was just saving her. If Pearl didn't do this, then the bodyguard would've already sent a bullet through Venus' skull, killing her in that split second.

No wonder Pearl looked so frightened just now. She was about to lose the person she loves the most and the first thing that came to her mind at that moment was to save her like this. She only had a few seconds to think and react. She didn't shoot her with any ill intentions.

The bodyguard nodded at Pearl, agreeing with what she said with a serious expression before leaving through the stairs.

When he was finally gone, Pearl was able to let out a sigh of relief. She glanced around once more just to make sure that they were really alone before stepping closer to Venus.

Venus' emerald eyes were sparkling as she watched Pearl approaching her with a dismal expression as if she was about to cry.

*SLAP!*

A blow was sent towards Venus' cheek, causing her to collapse on the ground. Venus was not expecting this at all and she could only gape, staring blankly at Pearl who was standing above her. Pearl had slapped her really hard. God damn.

'Fuck! That was painful! Why do I always need to get slapped like this? Okay, okay, I admit that I deserve it. I deserve it all. I know that I'm not a good person and that I have done so many wrong things to you, Pearl. But please, you just shot me on the arm. It's hurting really badly. My entire body hurts. Why do you also have to slap me right now? Please have mercy on me.' Venus was protesting in her mind, looking at Pearl with puppy eyes.

"What the hell were you thinking, Venus?" Pearl exclaimed as she crouched down, grasping Venus' collar with both of her hands, pulling her face closer to hers. "Why did you kill that bodyguard? He is risking his life for you! He is trying to protect you, and you kill him in return? What the hell is wrong with you?"

'What bodyguard? The one who was trying to kill you earlier? Hahaha. Oh, Pearl. You're too kind-hearted. Why are you thinking about that? Why do you care about others so much? Well, to be honest, I shouldn't complain because I love that about you. I like the way you are. I fell for you because of your kindness. You were always there for me to comfort me when I was at my worst and when I needed it the most. But I don't deserve it. I don't deserve anything. I don't deserve your love either. I'm unworthy.' Venus was musing.

"I was just trying to protect you." Venus spoke in a breathy voice.

"Protect me my ass!" Pearl yelled at her. "If I wasn't here right now, then you could've died! You didn't had anyone to protect you because you killed the only bodyguard that was there for you! Please think about yourself more!"