Chapter Six: Writing Responses and a Crow

Start from the beginning

Russia seemed shocked for a moment before responding. He then shrugged a bit.

"I will, anything else?"

America thought for a second before responding: "Please tell him to leave me and my gay panic alone."

America paused then spoke again.

"He probably won't listen, but it's worth a shot." He said with a light shrug.

He'd picked up a vial of a general area number, and a packet of powdered curse eliminator. Both were magical treatments, and belonged in the cubby with his disinfecting water.

"How old are you?" Russia asked after a long moment of silence.

That came out of nowhere, and caused America to jump a bit. His hair poofed up, being an extreme tell for his emotions.

"Ah, I didn't mean to be rude-" Russia started to apologize.

"I'm 24, same as you" America said, gently smoothing his poofed up hair. "Sorry about that reaction, you just surprised me." He admitted, a light blush finding its way onto his cheeks.

He shook his head a little, getting the blush to disappear from his face. Soon enough, he felt the small bit of heat leave his face, he then looked back and Russia.

Thankfully, Russia hadn't noticed him blushing out of embarrassment. Which he was infinitely thankful for. Or if he had noticed, he wasn't questioning it.

After a long moment of silence, America went back behind his desk and pulled out a couple things.

"I don't have much here, but if you want lunch, I have this" he said, giving Russia one of the bags he'd grabbed.

Both bags contained mixed nuts.

"I also have some beef jerky in my bag. I wouldn't mind sharing it." America said, a small smile finding its way on his face.

He wouldn't have offered this usually, but it was 12:36. It was a generally accepted lunch time, and he figured the other might be hungry.

"Thank you. I also wouldn't want to take anything more from you" Russia said, a smile on his face.

"I wouldn't have offered if I minded!" America said, grabbing the bag of beef jerky from his bag.

Russia accepted and took one of the pieces of jerky, and ate it.

America smiled, and started to eat, himself.

After the two were done eating, America spent the rest of his time idly chatting with Russia and sorting through the last remaining things from the box yesterday.

Soon, it was 4 pm. He had 2 hours before his shift would be over. Though, it certainly wouldn't feel as long because he had company.

"I probably won't be in my office tomorrow, sorry" America said, remembering he had to go out and collect some herbs and some snacks for his office. "But I do have something for you if you need to contact me!"

America went back behind his desk and pulled out a blueish purple stone, it was a teleportation stone. He'd gotten it from Japan. He placed it in Russia's hands and smiled softly.

"That's a teleportation stone, it'll bring me to you. However, if it's not a pressing matter, I'd ask you to call out to Samuel."

"Who's Samuel?"

"Samuel is a crow, but I wouldn't call him a pet." America said, then whistled. "He's more akin to a familiar for a witch."

An obsidian black crow cawed and landed on America's finger. The crow was smaller than an average crow.

"But I'm no witch, I'm just a healer. So I don't know what to call him" America said with a bright smile.

"Father, I crave cuddles." The crow grumbled.

"Samuel, This is Russia. Rus-si-a" America pronounced, carefully teaching the bird how to say the Prince's name.

"Russia" The crow repeated, then preened at the praise it received.

America petted the crow's head and smiled at Russia.

"If you call him, he'll come to see what is up, now that he knows you." America said. "Though, you should probably say something so he knows your voice."

"Hello Samuel "Russia greeted, reaching a hand to pet the crow.

The crow cawed at him and hopped onto his hand.

"Is... Is this normal?" Russia asked.

"No-"America was cut off by the crow cawing at Russia.

Samuel started hopping on Russia's hand and messing with his hair.

"And that isn't either." America mumbled. "Looks like Samuel really likes you!"

"What is he doing?" Russia asked, trying to coax the crow away from his face.

"He's treating you like another crow, specifically family." America said before whistling again. "He's friendly with most people, but only does that with me. Congratulations you have a life partner!" America jokes, smiling and chuckling.

Samuel flew back and landed on America's finger, before looking at America, then Russia.

"Russia is Papa." The crow cawed.

America flustered and lightly scolded the crow in Latin.

Russia nervously laughed and petted the crow's head.