Chapter 25

“I realized it after I started my job. I couldn’t work properly and was always in low spirits everyday… I realized how foolish I was. Things were great when we were together.” Mingyu recalled with a very nostalgic tone.

“I really enjoyed spending time in your house. You worked so hard for me. You took care of everything – the food, laundry and cleaning. But it’s that, you know! You gave off this motherly vibe. I just played the guitar but you were all happy and content with that. To me, you were nice and convenient to have since you were low-maintenance.”

The words “I can’t see you as a woman anymore” he had said when they broke up rang in Lisa’s ears. Instead of feeling sad, she felt her anger flare up. Thinking back to how devoted she was to such a man, she felt sorry for herself.

Lisa desperately tried to wriggle out of his grasp but to no avail. She then stepped on his foot with her heel.

“Ouch!”

His hold finally loosened so Lisa pushed him away and managed to create some distance between them. Her shoes were low-heeled so it didn’t have as much power as stiletto heels, but it still inflicted pain on Mingyu, enough to make his face turn red in anger, with tears on his eyes.

“AHHHHHH!!!!” Lisa ran out and screamed as loud as she could. However, she got caught soon after.

Her right arm was grabbed and as she tried to get away, she pulled out the crime prevention buzzer attached to her bag. She threw it immediately at Mingyu’s face.

A loud noise rang. The oval-shaped crime prevention buzzer issued SOS signals at timed intervals.

“Shit!” Mingyu stomped on the buzzer in annoyance. It went silent after two or three stomps.

“No way…” Lisa muttered in disbelief. She wanted to cry. She wanted to raise her voice and scream for help. However, she was so overcome with fear that no voice came out of her mouth.

Her arm was still caught. His hold became stronger and more painful.

“What the hell! Do you hate it that much? I just want us to get back together!”

“Sto-….”

“Don’t think about anything! Just be with me!” He suddenly yelled against her ears and she felt like her eardrums burst. With her arm still in his grasp, Lisa shook her head desperately.

“Stop it! Please…”

Before she could say more, Lisa’s mouth was blocked by his lips.

Their overlapped lips felt uncomfortable and unbearable. When she bit his tongue that has slipped through her mouth, Mingyu knocked her away. There was a loud thud as Lisa’s back bounced back against the concrete wall.

“Ugh…” Mingyu wiped the blood at the corner of his mouth.

Lisa dashed away as fast as she could. She couldn’t help but get scared. She had no idea what he’d do next. She moved her feet desperately while wiping her blurry eyes.

Someone! Someone! Someone!

Lisa desperately called out for help. There was no sound coming out of her mouth but in her heart, she desperately called for help.

“Jungkook…” She uttered aloud unconsciously. She had called for someone who can’t come to her aid.

It was her who put at end to their relationship. She can’t she him in the future anymore. Even so, she still sought him selfishly.

“Jung…ko…ok…” Her voice seemed to fade away now. She couldn’t breathe anymore. An unintelligible sound escaped her throat. Her heart was beating so rapidly she wondered if it would break.