Chapter 21

Two weeks have passed since the incident. The catastrophic room had returned to its original state and Lisa lived in it again.

The landlord had a custom key made for her and the password for the lobby’s auto-lock doors had also been changed. Furthermore, the police have increased their patrol around their apartment so no strange things have happened since the day she had that encounter with the stalker. She also continued to commute with Jungkook so despite what happened, she was able to live peacefully like before.

One day, as the end of the year approached…

“What a surprise, Ms. Manoban! You look feminine today!”

“Boss, that’s sexual harassment, you know.”

Standing behind Lisa, it was Yuqi who gave the retort against the old geezer known for sexual harassment within the company. The boss smirked and patted Lisa’s hips. The impact almost made her stumble. Steadying herself, Lisa handed the documents to her boss.

“This is the contract you asked for yesterday. And this is the list of the major trading companies. I’m still working on the rival companies, so I’ll pass that on later.”

“Excellent work as usual…”

As he gave his thanks, he gently patted Lisa’s head as if complimenting a child. Lisa stared at his hands with sharp eyes.

“So it’s true that love changes a woman. Are things going well between you and Jungkook?”

“Whether things are going well or not, Jungkook and I are not in a relationship. Boss, if you don’t cut it out, I’ll really sue you for sexual harassment!” 

Lisa warned while rubbing her temples. The boss felt a chill run through his body.

“That’s not what I mean, Lisa~”

“Nothing will change even you talk in a sweet or a cute voice. Now, please get back to work!”

“O-Okay!”

Watching his back as he leaves, Lisa softly sighed. Behind her, Yuqi mumbled her displeasure, “Jeez.”

“Well, it’s not just the boss, I also think you look lovely today.” As if he’d been watching all along, her colleague chimed in with perfect timing. Lisa turned her head as her face curled into a frown.

“What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean. I didn’t think I’ll see the day when the Empress wears a skirt! You also let your hair down today! The rumor that you’ve become feminine has even spread outside the sales department!”

Just like he said, Lisa wasn’t wearing her usual pants. She wore her usual shirt and blazer on top but below, she donned a skirt. Her hair wasn’t tied up as it normally was, but was hang down loosely.

“It just so happened that I had sent my pants for laundry today…”

Lisa said as she averted her eyes. Her colleague moved closer.

“Oh my, you’ve got such gorgeous legs! What a feast for the eyes!”

“Q-quit staring at me!”

Lisa grunted as she pushed him away. Feeling wrought with anxiety, Lisa furrowed her brows.

“Could it be, Jungkook likes that?”

“Like I said, Jungkook and I aren’t in a relationship…”

Lisa felt upset that the rumor was still going around. She wanted to be honest and tell the truth that they’re lovers, but if it spreads around, the more they will pester her.