Chapter 19

“Do you want to sleep together today?”

Those words seemed to stop the time around them. Jungkook’s hand, which was stroking her forehead stopped, and Lisa’s face instantly flushed.

Then, after about ten seconds, Lisa shot up from the bed.

“Sorry! I said something strange! Forget it!”

Her eyes went bloodshot and she lowered her head so abruptly it looked like her neck would snap.

“I mean… you looked so tired so I just felt bad and guilty…”

“Lisa.”

Jungkook quickly cut her off as she continued to mumble excuses. He then flashed her a business smile. Lisa’s body stiffened.

“Now you can’t complain if I make a move on you, do you understand?”

“…Yes.”

In a feeble voice, Lisa answered and nodded while her body quivered.

“If you don’t want me to make a move, say it now. Otherwise, I plan to do a lot of things…”

“A lot of things?”

“That’s right. A LOT of things.”

Jungkook emphasized the words repeated by Lisa. His eyes narrowed but weren’t smiling. It was a look of anger. Jungkook was undoubtedly mad no matter how you look at him.

Lisa’s face paled as she tried to dismiss the fear coursing through her body. Seeing this, Jungkook covered his face with one hand and let out a deep sigh.

“I don’t want to take advantage of you in your vulnerable state so please don’t say things like that.”

“I’m sorry… But, I really do think that you ought to take a rest now as well…”

Lisa lightly brushed Jungkook’s cheek as if to ask, “Are you okay?” but Jungkook grabbed her hand and placed it back on the bed.

“Hey! If you don’t cut it out, I’ll really attack you! Is that okay? Stop provoking me with your thoughtless words! Don’t touch me so casually! I’m begging you, please have some self-preservation!”

“But you’ve touched me so casually too!”

“Shut up!”

She was forced to lie back down on the bed. Jungkook pulled up the covers up to her mouth.

His bangs, which were always neatly brushed, were now hanging down and it made him look younger. Even though the table lamp emitted an orange light, his face looked bluish under it.

(Come to think of it, the salespeople were extremely busy yesterday too…)

It wasn’t December yet but work has been piling up as if it was the end of the year. It’s hectic everywhere in the company and even Lisa, who’s only a sales support, is also busy, so it must be worse for salespeople like Jungkook.

“Why do you want to do a lot of things to me?”

Her question surprised Jungkook. He stopped patting her head and smiled wryly.

“Don’t you know even without me spelling it out?”

“No, I get it. Sorry…”

Lisa’s aware that he’s being really considerate. Even though she knows that she can’t reciprocate his feelings, she doesn’t understand why she still had to ask that question. She was so embarrassed that she hid herself under the blanket.

(More importantly, how do I really feel about Jungkook…?)

Suddenly, that question popped into her head.