2

Minghao was back in his little studio apartment. He was done with his meditation for the day. He reclined in his seat and watched his kitten come and lay in his lap.

The days had gone by fast,almost in a blur. For Minghao it was the same routine daily,wakeup,go to school,work in the evening and back home. It wasn't easy surviving alone at 21.

He needed to do some research at the bookstore. That made him think of the handsome stranger he'd met the previous week.

Junhui. A unique name,it reminded him of his roots,home. He made a mental note to ask him about it. He could not believe he'd be seeing him again tomorrow.

He felt his nerves start to rise but a few deep breaths did the trick. He was excited to see him. He didn't know why though and that confused him.

The next day as soon as class had ended he was padding to the bookstore. Damn Minghao,aren't you being a little too excited for this.

He reminded himself that his top priority for being there was to do research. Only. He made himself comfortable in the leather chairs. A little rigid at first because he'd turn to the door anytime he heard the little bell chime to indicate someone had entered.

Eventually,he got consumed in his work and looking at the time his heart dropped a little that Jun hadn't made it. All this anticipation for nothing. He packed up only to turn and stand upright to face a panting Junhui holding two coffee cups.

"Junhui? When did you get here,I kind of thought you weren't coming. Also why are you panting,did you run all the way here? Wait from where exactly did you run because that could lead to-"

Junhui held up a finger as he tried to catch his breath.

"I got delayed at a shoot. I'm sorry. I brought coffee to make up for it. "

"A shoot huh? And you said you weren't a celebrity," Minghao narrowed his eyes.

"Since you were already leaving,let's talk about it as we stroll through the park? I promise I'll answer all your questions. "

So they began the little walk,there was a comfortable silence that had fallen over them. Neither knew what to say.

"The thing is I-"

"If you got uncomfortable becaus-"

They both paused and laughed because they'd spoken at the same time.

"You can go first Jun."

"Well for starters no,your didn't make me uncomfortable,I know that's what you were going to ask," Jun chuckled.

"Oh," was Minghao's only reply.

"I'm not a celebrity,at least I don't think of myself as one. Yes I ran all the way from my shoot and the distance doesn't matter. "

"So a film star. What kind of film,adult? " Minghao snorted.

"Goodness no! I'm a model. It's what I've been doing for the past two years."

"Oh snap. You were on the cover of the magazine Youth! My friend loved your issue. I won't lie and say I read it."

"Brutal honesty is always appreciated Hao," Jun said as he sipped his coffee.

Minghao felt a flutter in his chest. He'd called him Hao.

"So you don't go to school and work full time as a model?"

"School just....wasn't for me. Plus this pretty face,if I could use it to make money,I was not passing that up. It was an easy exit. "

"Hmm," Minghao replied as he pondered on Junhui's words.

Eventually they sat at a bench in the park.

"Since it's my turn to ask,care to explain the meaning behind that infinity tattoo?"

A/n

Vote,comment and share 🖤