It took a while for her notice that Dexter wasn't taking her to the garden like before but she decided not to ask. She later realized he was taking a to the tower in the palace. He led her up the stairs to the upmost part of it, overseeing the palace surroundings and more. Maya had never been there before so she was awestruck by the view. Though there were very little mountains surrounding Madonia, it made up for it by having lush meadows that glowed in the sunset. Maya took several steps forward, drinking in the sight.

      "It's so beautiful." Maya murmured as she stared at the view, a smile on her face. The wind tickled her face, blowing her air around and she giggled. "I've never seen anything quite like it." She added. Dexter came to join her where she stood, resting on the railings.

      "This was where I first fell in love with you." He began, his voice low. Maya glanced at him but he wasn't looking at her. "Back at Gegoria, when you had come looking for me that time at the villa."

       "You remember?" Maya asked, surprised.

      "Never really forgot." Dexter said, looking at her. Maya felt her cheeks heat up. He glanced back at the view again. "We were watching the sunset too. You thought it was beautiful. I fell in love with you there."

       Maya blushed as she fiddled with her fingers. "You were so young back then." He said.

    "We've grown so much since then." Maya added. Dexter went ahead to hug her from behind. Kissing her neck, he replied. "Of course, but we're still very much the same."

     "You still love me, right?" Maya asked after a moment of silence.

     "I always will." Dexter answered, his low voice, sending tingles down her spine. She turned to face him. Silver eyes held hers, a soft smile on his lips.

    "I love you too." She whispered back, reaching up to kiss him. Just then they heard a rumble and paused. "Was that you?" Maya asked. Dexter shook his head and glanced back at the horizon, his face falling.

     "Aww, winter is over." He mumbled. Maya turned to look at the view. The beautiful sunset they had been enjoying just moments ago had been disrupted with dark clouds growing in the horizon. The breeze picked up speed and it soon started to smell like rain. She chuckled, her hands still wrapped around his neck. "Wait, that's how you know?" She asked.

      He smiled as he nodded. Maya glanced at the maids walking about, they seemed excited for the end of the winter as they had become to troop out. "This is the first rain after four months of cold, dry winter. It signifies the end of winter and the birth of spring." He burrowed into her, kissing her cheeks. "Yeah, that's how we know."

      "Dexter?"

      "Hmm?"

     "I'd like to ask something." Maya muttered as she caressed his face. He reached out to twirl her hair.

    "Go ahead."

    "Once spring arrives, I would like to host a banquet. We'll be inviting every noble around and you'll be introducing me as your Queen. Will that be possible?"

     Dexter kissed her nose. "Of course. I've been wanting to do that for a while. I'm glad you asked. I'm going to make it the grandest banquet you've ever seen." Dexter said, his eyes glowing.

    "Then we better start making preparations, starting now." Maya replied, chuckling.

    Dexter slowed down with his caresses to stare at her then. With a voice so solemn, he began speaking. "I'm so glad I met you then."

       "I'm glad I met you too." Maya whispered back, her eyes never leaving his. Lifting her chin, Dexter leaned in to kiss her. Maya's eyes fluttered to a close as his lips met hers in a slow, sensual kiss. The rest of the world falling away, Maya only existed in his arms. The rumbles overhead grew louder, a storm imminent. Dexter pulled away, his eyes darkened with desire and one emotion that made her knees grow weak. Love.

       "You said something about the night being cold, didn't you?" Maya asked and he nodded, placing a thumb on her lips. "You don't mind warming me up, do you?" She asked, tilting her head.

       Dexter stepped away from her, folding his arms. The wind blowing his hair in every direction, he looked extremely boyish. "You naughty, naughty girl." He murmured, goosebumps rising on her skin. "Come here." He ordered, beckoning for her.  Maya went to his arms. Brushing his lips against hers, he groaned against them. "You asked for it."

        "Indeed I did." Maya replied back. Strong hands held hers and he began to pull her along. Maya giggled as she ran behind him, in an attempt to catch up with his long strides. The wind had become stronger now and her cloak had fallen down, her hair flying free. Just like the way she felt. They ran back to his chambers, slamming the door behind once they stepped inside it.

          Pushing her against the wall, Dexter stared down at her. "You ready?"

          "Always." Maya replied back. His lips descended on her once again and Maya closed her eyes and let the man she loved, love her the way he wanted... And deserved.

Aaah!!!!
Dear God, I need a man like Dexter!
One more chapter left! Guys I'm sobbing 😭😭😭
See you there!