Chapter 6

Stranger, this unfamiliar woman called him. She was different from the one he saw yesterday. Or was that an angel? He didn't know, his brain was too foggy for him to think.

       " Where am I?" He asked but his voice came out as a croak. Looking around, he tried to figure it out himself.

      " Safe. " The lady responded. He glanced at her, a brow raised. He tried to sit up but his inactive and sore muscles protested, causing him to groan.

       " Easy, you're not that strong to be moving around." The woman said but he paid her no heed. Eventually he managed to get himself to the position he liked. He stared at his body. He'd been treated. Thoroughly.  Someone had saved his life and provided him treatment. He glanced the older woman.

       " Did you save my life?" He asked, his expression changed. Slowly, the woman shook her head.

      " I didn't but I can introduce you to the person who did. She's been waiting for you to wake up." Naomi replied, unable to hide the glint in her eyes.

        " I want to meet her." He said immediately, almost cutting her short. " To show my appreciation of course." He added.

         " Very, well. Please excuse me." Naomi said, walking out of the room. He sat there, inspecting his body further. Although he still felt pains in all the parts he had gotten injured, they were lot less than he had imagined. Then, he looked around the room.

     The designs and decorations were something that were familiar and was used to seeing being a Royal. Which meant something, he was in the house of someone influential. His heart began pounding as he wondered who this people might be.

     Much later, the door opened and the woman entered first, keeping the door opened for whoever was coming behind her. He waited ad the person entered, dressed in a simple but elegant gown, her hair nicely arranged over her head, falling over her shoulders

      Their eyes met and his heart skipped a beat, his body stiffening It was the same angel he saw last night. Everything else seemed to fade away as they maintained the eye contact.

      Then she smiled, tilting her head to the side. " It's nice to finally see you awake, stranger."
.
.
.
     Maya's heart was racing in her chest but on the outside, she looked calm. She found it unable to contain her excitement when Nanny Naomi came with the news that her stranger was awake. Still dressed in her nightclothes and groggy from lack of sleep, she'd bolted out of the room, determined to see him like that but Naomi had forced her back, making her dress up for the meeting.

     " You're a princess Maya, you need to always appear as one." She repeated as she picked her clothes and made her hair. Eventually she was through and Nanny Naomi led her to the stranger's room. Anticipation beating through her, she almost squealed but swallowed it.

      Now in his presence and staring into those silvery orbs again, she felt like she was going to faint. She pushed those emotions aside and tried to appear dignified. She couldn't maintain it for long as a smile broke out and the words tumbled out of her mouth.

      He just stared at her, not saying anything else. Maya could've sworn he was awed about her beauty. Chasing the thought out of her head, she waited for his reply.

     "Um... Thank you?" He mumbled, confused. Gosh! Even his voice sounded heavenly!! Focus, Maya! She scolded herself, wiping the smile off her face. She watched as he rubbed his neck, his gaze everywhere but her.

    " Why don't we introduce ourselves first?" Maya suggested at the awkward silence that followed. He looked up at her. " I'll go first. I'm Princess Maya, the second daughter of the king of Gegoria. Nice to meet you." She said, bowing a little.

     Dexter's brow shot up at the mention of 'princess'.  He cleared his throat. " I'm Prince Dexter, second son to the king of Madonia. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said, bowing as well.

      " Did you say second prince of Madonia?" Maya asked, confused. He glanced at her, nodding in affirmation.

       " Yes... Is something wrong?" He asked, seeing the look on their faces. Maya turned to her Nanny, exchanging looks before facing him.

      " Well, nothing much. Except, you've been announced as dead?"

       The room fell silent as they stared at each other, the news hanging in the air.  When Dexter spoke, his voice had turned grave, deadly.

       " What?!"  He muttered and Maya felt a chill run down her spine at the unexpected change of his visage.

        " It's been for a while. The Royal family of Madonia had announced you dead. Said it was because of a carriage accident you had on your way to Gegoria." Maya continued. She watched as his eyes grew dark, veins appearing in his neck. Maya wondered why he was reacting that way.

        " Well, in a way it is true. When I met you, you were almost dead. And you had so many wounds as well. If you hadn't gotten immediate treatment, you would have really died."

       " It wasn't a carriage accident." Came the low growl, cutting her short. Maya realised it to be from Dexter and she stared at him.

        " What do you mean?"

       " There was no carriage accident." He repeated He raised his head, staring at her with grey eyes filled with anger. " I was almost assassinated." He gritted out.

       It was Maya's turn to be dumbstruck.

       " What?"
.
.
.
       " Someone tried to kill me." He continued, his blood boiling with rage. " Actually, a group of people tried to kill all of us that day. They murdered everyone that was with me that day. I was lucky to escape."

       He clenched his fists. " Even then, they chased after me. They didn't stop, even when I crossed Gegoria. They were that determined." His eyes stung with tears and he closed them shut. " In a desperate attempt to lose them, I jumped into the river, letting the current pull me along. I knew my chances of surviving were close to zero but it was better than being murdered." He opened her eyes then, looking at her. " You found me and saved my life."

       Still shocked, Maya looked away. " Yeah, I guess I did." She murmured. They fell silent for a while until Maya spoke up. " What are we going to do now? Everyone believes you are dead."

       " Let it stay that way. If word gets out that I'm still alive, they will try to kill me again. I don't want that to happen." Dexter immediately replied. " Not until i find out who tried to do this."

    Maya glanced at her Nanny and she gave her nod of approval. She turned back to Dexter, her expression serious. " In that case, you can count on me to keep you safe." She promised.

      His lips twitched then. " I would be grateful if you did."

  Our bad boy Prince Dexter  Say hello!!!  😊😊😊😘  Let me know what you think of today's chapter!!!!

  Say hello!!!
  😊😊😊😘
  Let me know what you think of today's chapter!!!!