Chapter 28 - The War Ends

Start from the beginning

"I...I wanna fight too!" He exclaimed.

"I won't let you!" Lue shouted at him. The younger's eyes watered.

"I am your father. I am supposed to protect all of you!" Lue turned to Sabo and Luffy. The boy's eyes were wide open. "Ace. I will save him!" Lue pointed at the platform. "I won't let kids fight!" He clenched his fist and some thick lines appeared on it. Iva gulped. Lue breathed for a while and turned to the platform again, he started walking.

"Dad!" Luffy cried.

"Don't worry." Lue murmured and then his walk turned to run. Luffy, Sabo and Iva disappeared in the dust and he couldn't see them. This is now or never...Ace! Then some new executors came and stood beside Ace.

"Monkey D. Luerion, kill him!" Marines surrounded him.

"Don't...interfere!!!" He shouted and let out a big wave of Conquerors Haki, knocking out many around him.

"That man!" Sengoku clenched his teeth.

"Ace! I'm coming." Lue then ran. Marco was defeated by Marines placing Karioseki on his hands. Jozu was defeated by Aokiji. He was the last hope. "Ah! Jinbe-san!" Lue saw the blue fishman getting manhandled by marines. They placed shackles on his body.

"Luerion-san!" Jinbe answered. He tried to get the marines out of him but there were too many. Lue ran and coated his hands in haki, knocking out several marines in a second, helping Jinbe. "Thank you!" The fishman answered. Whitebeard was being attacked by some, but he didn't fall. He stepped down with his boots on the ground and he could still fight.

"Newgate-san..." Lue was amazed. Jinbe and the commanders came and stood beside Whitebeard's back. Lue knew...this was the moment he could fight. He ran to the platform again.

"If you want to see the future, I will show it to you now, Whitebeard! Do it!" Sengoku exclaimed and the executors raised their swords. The pirates were desperate to get to the platform. Whitebeard wanted too but he fell on his knees.

"Stop it..." Luffy murmured as he saw the platform.

"Ace!" Sabo almost cried as he was standing beside the lying Luffy near the wall. Like in slow motion, the sharp blades went down. Lue smiled.

"I'm not letting you...destroy the future." He was...at the top of the platform, swinging with his leg. Sengoku turned to him, but it was too late for the marines.

He swung his leg and in slow motion kicked one and then the other head of the executors, impact throwing them at the side, destroying several buildings. He was at the top of the platform when everyone turned to him. Sengoku's eyes were wide open and his jaw was down, before he could react again Lue's eyes lit with the sun's light and he coated his hand, punching the Fleat Admiral's face so hard that it would decapitate a normal person.

"Huh?" Ace slowly turned his head to see his father standing strong in front of him. Sengoku was sent onto the ground, he held his bloody cheek and looked up. Everyone was shocked.

"What...just happened?" Some asked.

"LUE!" Garp exclaimed.

"Dad." Ace looked at Lue who smiled warmly to him.

"It's okay...you're safe." Lue kneeled beside his son and took his head, kissing his forehead. Ace's eyes watered. He closed them, crying.

"Dad..." His voice trembled.

"I told you, I won't let you die." Lue whispered and he was now hugging his son tightly. "Let's get out of here..." He took the shackles, waiting to destroy them, but beside him Garp showed up. Lue looked back to see his trembling father. "Father..."Lue's eyes were warm. Garp...fell on his knees. He took his head in his hands.