Chapter 8 - An Incident

-----

"That dumbass..." Garp whispered. He was holding on to a document.

"Garp-san!" A marine bursted through the doors.

"I know." he answered. The rookie gulped. "Take the new course!" He exclaimed and the man ran out of the doors. "Damnit...Lue..." He placed a hand over his forehead.

Meanwhile on Dawn Island.

"Daddy!" A baby...around 4 years old ran out of the house.

"Huh?" There was a man standing outside. Monkey D. Luerion. 4 years ago he disappeared from the world, only to be at an island...raising a kid. "Ace!" Lue exclaimed after the boy crushed into the legs of the older man.

"Dad!" Ace shouted. Lue sweatdropped. It was still weird hearing his...older brother then, calling him a father now.

"Come back here!" A voice sounded through the house. Dadan. Lue sighed and took the boy in his arms.

"Dadan." Lue glared as the woman ran through the doors. She stopped in her tracks only to stumble back seeing the gaze of the man.

"What?" She asked with a firm voice but a clear sweat running down her temple.

"Haaa..." Lue sighed again. "Ace, are you being bad again?" Lue looked at the freckled kid in his arms. The latter jaw dropped.

"How do you kniow?!" Ace exclaimed with bad grammar. Lue deadpanned. The four year old was clearly shocked.

"How could I not know..." Lue answered, but he gave up. He didn't want to start a fight with a child. Then something glimpsed in his eye. He saw...something with his observation haki.

"Why are you looking so serious?" Dadan asked, confused. Lue broke the stare. He shook his head.

"Nothing...just felt something." Lue answered. "Ace-" He wanted to ask something to the kid but he...fell asleep. Lue took him to the house again, before entering, he said. "Dadan..." he looked with his head around. His hands were supporting the sleeping Ace in his arms, his little head was lying on his shoulder and a drool coming from his mouth,

"Hm?" She turned to him.

"Be...ware." He said firmly. She gulped but understood and nodded, then walked away. Lue looked back at the forest again and walked into the house.

Lue walked to the room where Ace was having his bed in. He laid down the baby, looking at his face...he was so cute and innocent. Lue promised him to always be there for him...but only If he knew what was about to happen.

"I won't let you die...or feel any pain, Ace." He whispered as he was sitting on the bed's edge. He then kissed his forehead and left the room.

"We are 15 minutes away, are you guys ready?" One of the marines asked.

"Yes Sir" They answered.

"Now...get the cannons ready!" He exclaimed. After 15 minutes...the horror started, they bombarded the port first. Lue...he heard it and saw it, with his haki. He woke up from lying on a couch.

"Dadan!" He shouted and the woman showed herself in the house. He had horror in his eyes. The woman was with 2 other men, they all had eyes wide open. She nodded and went to Ace's room...they heard cries. 

Lue clenched his fists and ran out of the house. What he witnessed was one of the most horrible things in his lifes. The whole village was on fire, Makino's home with the bar, the windmills. He saw some bastards setting more fire around, he ran up to them only to knock them out with one punch, he quickly ran into the houses needing help and took some bodies out. But soon...

"MONKEY D. LUERION!" Someone exclaimed and Lue's attention was now on the port, where a marines ship was seen. He gasped and clenched his fists and teeth so hard you could hear cracking. He glared...before he could attack the men, they got out of the boat. Lue stopped in shock as he saw what was happening.

"Move one inch and this man is dead." The marine warned. He was holding a Wood Slap by the neck. Beside was a girl with green hair, Makino. She was kneeling with a cloth in her mouth so she could not talk, she had tears in her eyes. She gasped when she saw Lue. He was grounded, not moving a little. He was horrified, not wanting to lose other important people in his life.

"Kneel with your hands behind your head." The marine said and others started to move to Lue. He did what they told him, he then thought...Conqueror's Haki, maybe he could use-

"Don't try." The man stopped his thinking.

"Wha-" Lue's eyes widened.

"You won't knock us out, me at least. After you knock my people out I will kill those guys." He said with a smirk. Lue held his breath in his throat.

"No..." he whispered. The men finally got to him and they placed kairoseki shackles on his hands, then they were placed behind his back.

"You are charged of criminal acquaintance with the criminal Gold Roger." The marine that seemed like their captain said.

"Wha-?!" Lue wanted to scream.

"Let's go!" The captain exclaimed, he let go of the Mayor and someone threw Makino on the ground. Then Lue was pushed to move forward. He was looking at his friends with fear and worry, but also he was filled with anger. Makino opened her eyes and saw as Lue was pushed on the ship and knocked out. Being in shock he couldn't stop it with Arantment Haki. She let go of one tear in her eye as she drifted to the unconscious.

"Dad?" Ace asked as he was being held by Dadan. He didn't come back. 

Dadan was talking about something, but he didn't understand. He only wanted to know something. Why is his dad not coming back? Why are they so stressed, or why are some crying? Why is there a black smoke coming in the sky? Why does he feel so empty, like he lost something? Dad...what is going on? Where are you? 

Ace cried...he didn't know what was happening, it was a complete chaos. He clenched onto Dadan's shirt with his little hands and cried into her shoulder. 

Like hell a kid would know what was going on. 

The adults were running around, he was in their hideout, where he normally played with Dadan or Dad. He whimpered.

"Daddy..." He clenched more and more onto the shirt...as he soon fell asleep.

-----