XX - End

It had been over a year since everything fell apart. König was healed. We were doing great.

We had been dating since. There were a few rough patches but nothing we didn't deal with in a day or so.

I looked up at him. Currently we were holding hands, standing at a ceremony to wish us goodbye. We decided to leave the task force.

The injuries König suffered a year ago were better but it did trip him up occasionally - there would he days his ankle or shoulder would hurt so bad he would be bedridden for a few days.

Price excused him from the task force after König asked a month ago. It was a clear 'yes'. There was no pushback.

I asked after. I was surprised when I got told I could, with the promise to return if needed; as I didn't face the injuries König did. I'm sure Price made some excuse to his superior to allow it. I was happy for that.

We walked in together to the ceremony, our friends erupted into claps and cheers. Losing someone permanently as great as König was always a big deal - he did a lot here and he did a lot for everyone here too.

I squeezed his hand and he returned it. The cheers and claps calmed down - there were no formal leaving; it was mainly just an excuse to throw a party.

Everyone went about talking, eating food, and doing whatever. Soap came up to us afterwards.

"I can't believe you two are leaving me here!" He exclaimed, playfully crossing his arms like a child.

"Hey. We can visit." I giggled, pushing his shoulder softly. "Besides, I could always be dragged back."

"Still... it will be different without you two. Who am I going to gossip with?" Soap pouted.

"Ghost." König answered before I could and broke into laugher.

"Oh yes. Mr. Grumpy. You think he will talk to me about anything going on around here? I'll start trying to gossip and he just tries to justify everything. I need someone to just agree with me and also talk shit!" He huffed, returning a laugh.

"You know cell phones are a thing?" I smiled at him. "We will have weekly gossip calls, trust me."

"Fine." He smiled. "Either way. I'm proud of you two. I'm glad you guys can go."

"Thanks, Soap." I let go of König's hand to pull Soap into a tight hug, squeezing him. He returned it.

We pulled apart and he gave me a smile before looking towards König - also pulling him into a hug. It looked like König was surprised at first but hugged him back.

"Well. I am going to go get drunk because my best friends are leaving." Soap joked, laughing, he gave us one small wave before walking off to the bar.

König leaned over and kissed the top of my head. I smiled up at him.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He mumbled, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear - another kiss placed on my forehead.

The night went by pretty quickly. More people came up to say their goodbyes and then went off to party. Some I didn't even know.