VI - Celebration

A/N: wattpad was goofing earlier so I couldn't write anything or publish anything. LETS GET BACK TO IT.

WARNING: SMUT AHEAD. And long chapter-ish.

Fresh snow fell on the ground this morning. I watched it fall through my window. It was Christmas. The last few days had been uneventful. König barely saw me because of some dumb shit he was doing for Price.

Ghost hasn't said a word to me. Hasn't even looked at me since the day he came over and found König's glove.

I saw a few other friends here and there but it felt so different. Relationships changed. I felt like Ghost would just listen to me rant and rant about things and give me the most brutally honest advice but now he won't even look at me.

There was a Holiday party tonight though. Where we could all just relax finally. Training has been hard. Things were getting rough out there and everyone expected us to be sent out on a mission very soon.

I rummaged through my closet. No. No. No. None of this worked. I needed something bold. Something that made a statement. I was tired of being so alone lately. All I had been doing is training, eating, and sleeping. I needed connection.

My hands landed on a black dress. A little too dark for a holiday party, maybe? It was glittery so... I mean, it could work. Maybe pair it with red heels? Red accessories?

I held it up against my body, looking in the mirror. It was long. It reached my ankles and it had a slit up the side - exposing just the slight amount of leg. Typical. Almost basic girl material, really.
But it would do.

I got ready. It was finally night time and it was time to head out to where everyone was gathering. I slid the dress on and did a 360 in front of my mirror - making sure it all looked put together. I chose red heels and a tiny red necklace.

How the hell was I going to walk in heels across snow and ice? Not sure. Especially since I have only worn heels maybe 2 times in my life. I'll manage.

I close my door behind me and get greeted with Soap standing there.

"Y/N! Wow. I mean... wow! Look at you." He grinned. I knew he was saying it to be nice. Soap and I were pals. Plus... he had eyes on other girls here.

"Oh... stop it you." I playfully wave my hand at him. "You look quite nice yourself." Which was true. He wore a darker sage green tux. It was tight fighting but not uncomfortable looking.

"I am glad we can both arrive looking good then. I'm sure we will be the show stoppers, aye?" He held out his arm to allow me to loop mine through it.

"Oh... why of course!" I laughed. It felt good to have him around. We were always close. I don't think anything would change that.

He escorted me to the building we were all meeting in. It was some large house. More like an appearance house to throw parties in. Moral and all. It was still on the base but redecorated and repurposed go throw a party in it.

It was cold and I regretted not wearing any type of jacket, so I was glad when we arrived.
"Thanks for making sure I didn't break an ankle on ice out there." I grinned up at Soap.