Chapter - 9

Third Person's POV 

Inside the restaurant… 

After ordering their food, there was a pregnant pause between Ada and Dev. They were just quietly looking and each other and giving each other idiotic smiles. Both were in their thoughts. 

"God! every time I see Ada's face. I feel so guilty. I know what I am doing is wrong. But how can I forget those pains? How can I forget the past? I cannot. I want revenge. Besides now my hands are also tied. If I want to save my sister, I have to do as they will order. I have no other options. Come on Dev, you can do it. Don't feel guilty. You and your sister have borne the result of your mother's mistake. Now it is time for Ada to bear the consequences of her father's deeds. There is nothing wrong. Focus on your goal." -Dev was reminding himself of his purpose of coming on a date with Ada. 

"God! I am feeling so embarrassed because of my behaviour. Why did I doubt him? This is all my family's fault. They have this habit of doubting everyone. And as I am also from the same family. I have become exactly like them. I know the situation is a little suspicious but when I agreed to come on a date with Dev, then I should have trusted him. No, I will not doubt him anymore. Now I have to break this awkward atmosphere between us." - Ada was thinking all this in her mind. 

Ada broke the silence between them and took the initiative to start the conversation. 

ADA : You suggest this Mughlai restaurant, do you also love Mughlai food? 

DEV : Umm…yeah. The atmosphere of this restaurant is very aristocratic. So I thought it would be a good choice to come here. You used the word also, which means you love Mughlai food. 

ADA : I love Mughlai foods. Biryani and kababs…uff I can die for that… 

Ada was talking about food just like a gluttonous person. Hearing Ada's talk and seeing her innocent smiling face Dev felt more guilty. But he composed his emotions very quickly and replaced all the guilt with rage when he remembered all the past events of his life. 

After some minutes their food arrived. They exchanged some information about them while eating. Though they were sharing information about their life with each other, Ada had no idea that the information Dev was telling about him was not all true. She was becoming more and more comfortable and happy while talking with Dev. She had no idea what was waiting for her in the future.

—--------

Inside Adi's Cabin. 

Adi was in his wonderland when the door of his cabin opened from outside. He was just about to shout at the person who dared to enter his cabin without his permission but his words were stuck in his mouth when he saw the person. 

The person was a 20 or 21-year-old woman. Adi became awestruck seeing her in front of him. She has a very beautiful and innocent face. Except for his sister, he rarely found women with such innocent faces in his surroundings. 

His trance broke upon hearing the soft voice " I am sorry. I assumed it was my father's cabin."

ADI : Your father? 

Adi asked confusingly. He was thinking " Her father? Besides my cabin is my dad's cabin and opposite mine is Rahul Chachu's cabin which has been used by Rik for some years. Ada's Cabin is between dad and Chahu's. There is no other cabin on this floor. Then  Who is she talking about? Who is she referring to as her father?" 

"Do you know where Mr. Barun's cabin is?" 

ADI : Mr. Barun? Who? 

The woman looked at Adi from head to toe with a dissatisfied expression.

" You don't know Mr. Barun? Mr. Barun is my father. He is the chief secretary of the company's chairman, Mr. Adesh Chauhan." The woman said very proudly. 

ADI : ohh! You mean Mr. Sharma. So you are his daughter…sorry I didn't know his first name. His cabin is below this floor, on the right side of the secretarial room. 

The woman was going to leave the room with a dissatisfied expression when Adi stopped her. She was very dissatisfied that someone in the company didn't know her father's full name when he was in such an important post. 

ADI : By the way, I am Advik Chauhan. You are? 

Hearing the name the woman instantly turned around with a shocked expression. 

" You are Adesh Chauhan's son! The future CEO of this company! I am sorry…I thought…I thought you were just an intern. You are so young. Sorry, I didn't know you." - she replied with an apologetic look. 

ADI : It is fine. Now, you know me…but you didn't tell me your name. 

" Oh…I am Naina. Naina Shama." - said with a beautiful smile on her round face. Her smile made her face look more innocent. Her eyes, face, everything was speaking about her purity and innocence. 

Adi pronounced her name slowly with his husky voice " Naina…"

ADI: Beautiful name…

Adi wanted to include that her name was as beautiful as hers but he didn't. He didn't want to sound filthy.

ADI : Let me lead you the way to your father's cabin. 

Naina denied but Adi still insisted on helping her. How could Adi let go of the chance to spend some more time with her? In the end, Adi's wish won and he helped her to reach her father's cabin. 

Neither Adi and Ada Nor Naina and Dev, no one had any idea how their lives will be plagued in future. They had no idea what was waiting for them in the future. Only Dev has very little idea about his and Ada's upcoming future.