Chapter - 8

Ada's POV 

I am wondering about Devanshi's situation. I don't understand why suddenly her family needed to shift her from this hospital. This is one of the best hospitals in the city. And the nurse told me it was her uncle who signed the bond papers. What about her parents? Or what about the brother she was talking about? I am very confused. Should I ask the nurse about her uncle's name? Maybe through his name, I will be able to find something. But without any contact number or any address how will I find him? No, I don't think knowing his name will help me in anything. 

My thoughts broke when my phone buzzed in the message tone. I took out my phone from the purse and saw it was a message from Dev. He was asking me when I would arrive at the restaurant. 

I have been talking with Dev since I met him at the old age home. He seems nice. Yesterday out of nowhere he asked me out on a date. I could not deny his request. I really like to talk with him. For the first time in my life, I am doing something without informing my family. So just to make sure he is no danger to me, I had come here to check about Devanshi. But now it made me more confused about my decision. 

Is it possible that I am thinking too much? Probably, they really have no connection. I should believe in Dev. When I am trying to have a relationship with him. Then I should trust him. Mom always says, without trust, no relationship lasts long. It is just a coincidence. This is how coincidence happens. Coincidence always seems surreal. 

Third Person's POV 

Putting aside her hesitation, Ada went to meet Dev. 

At the restaurant. 

Ada reached the restaurant and saw Dev had already arrived and stood near the entrance holding a bouquet. 

Seeing the bouquet Ada felt bad thinking she would have to reject it. Because she knew flowers might cause a flare-up of her asthma. 

She walked over to Dev. Dev forwarded the bouquet toward her. She was just about to deny it when she noticed it was artificial. "Artificial?" Ada inquired. She found this very odd. She never heard anyone give artificial flowers to others. 

DEV: Yeah…I know you have asthma. But I wanted to give you flowers on our first date. So I thought, why not artificial? It will not be problematic for you and my wish will also be fulfilled. 

"How? How do you know I have asthma? I never told you." - Ada looked at Dev suspiciously. The suspicious look on her face was very evident. She didn't even try to hide her expression. All kinds of negative thoughts started to roam around her head. 

Dev's expression changed from calm to panic then again from panic to calm within such a nano fraction of a second that Ada missed that. 

Composing his emotions and thoughts, Dev very calmly replied " I learnt it from the old age home." After a pause, he said " Don't you believe me? Are you anyhow suspicious about me? If you don't trust me then I think we should not proceed with this relationship" 

Ada realized she made a mistake. She shouldn't have doubted him when she was starting a new relationship with him. She made an apologetical face and said " No, no please don't say this. I am sorry. I…I actually…I…please forgive me. I promise you from now on there will be no doubt. I will trust you completely. I was just sca…let's forget it. Can we enter the restaurant? I am really hungry." 

Dev gave Ada a small smile and they both entered the restaurant. Another thing that Ada missed was when she turned around, Dev sighed in relief and looked towards a car a little far away and gave an assuring look to the person sitting inside the car. 

  **********

At Chauhan's company…

Adi was sitting in his office with an irritated face. He was angry at Ada, and Rik. As Ada had taken a day off and Rik was in London, his father Adesh gave all their work to him. He didn't like to work in the office without his sister, Ada and his cousin, Rik. He was missing them. 

He had asked his sister why she needed a day off. She replied that she wanted to spend a day with the old age home people. But he didn't know why, he felt that she was lying. He had been finding his sister's behaviour weird for some days. He believed Ada was hiding something from him. 

He was in his thoughts when the door of his cabin opened from outside. He was just about to shout at the person who dared to enter his cabin without his permission but his words were stuck in his mouth when he saw the person. 

The person was a 20 or 21-year-old woman. Adi became awestruck seeing her in front of him. She has a very beautiful and innocent face. Except for his sister, he rarely found women with such innocent faces in his surroundings. 

His trance broke upon hearing the soft voice " I am sorry. I assumed it was my father's cabin."