ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

(Third Person POV)

Another sip from a mug. It didn't even feel good to drink coffee anymore. He had finally made it there, and had finally got back to work. His head screamed and ached as his heart felt like it could stop and die at any given moment.

The walls and floors were scattered with papers and models, scrapped ideas and empty mugs. He felt empty again like he had so many years ago. _nala couldn't even bring himself to cry or grieve. It all just felt heavy. Again and again, he questioned if what he was doing was right. If what he was doing was what he deserved. Or was his friend right? Was he really going too far?

He looked down at his own gloved hands, stretching them in and out again, unsure if they were even his, or even if the thoughts in his head were his. What had happened to him? He knew what, but again and again, he questioned himself, went back on his thoughts over and over.

"Do we send another round out..?" Chosen talked only slightly above a whisper.

_nala only nodded in response and turned his gaze away from him.

Chosen pulled up a screen, typed in a few words, then pressed enter. "Do you.. um.. need anything else..?"

"No." _nala whispered in a weak, sick tone. "Go rest. It's late." He sneezed into his arm and grumbled.

It had only been three weeks since he passed out in the snowstorm. Even now, another layer of snow thundered down outside his window. A resident living across from him now found him passed out and took him in. Malnourished, pale, and tired. He was out for days, and ate and drank like a maniac when he awoke. He could barely move from frostbite, and had picked up a terrible cold. It burned, it all burned, but he was so focused, he  didn't care.

"A-Are you.. sure..?"

He was about to snap back at him, but when he saw Chosen's fear, he restrained.

"I know, Chosen. I'm sick. I'll rest soon, ok? I just need to focus."

'Don't be scared of me, please Chosen.'

"..mhm..." Chosen quickly scurried away.

'Come back, please.' He felt the words on the tip of his tongue, but they came out silent, and he was alone.

Alone again.