When he moved to go back to them Cassie didn't move making it clear she didn't feel like rejoining the group right now.  Daryl walked over and placed a soft kiss to her forehead "I'll be back sunshine" he told her before walking back to the rv. Cassie get her cheeks heat up at the nickname he had given her but luckily he didn't see.He grabbed a yellow and white checkered blanket he had found in a car that was quite soft before making his way back to Cassie. Dale couldn't help but smile at the rednecks action watching him walk back to the blonde woman who was sat awaiting his return.

Once back with Cassie he sat back down in his original position before throwing the blanket over them. Cassie grabbed her bag she had placed next to her and reached in grabbing the bag of pretzels.
She opened them placing the bag in between them. She leaned her head down so it was on Daryl's shoulder as she sat with him looking up at the stars.

"It's my fault" she muttered out still looking up at the night sky. Her words caused Daryl to turn and look at her. He could see the guilt all over her face.

"Nah it ain't" he told her trying to reassure her.

"Yes i-" Cassie began as she went to argue back with the redneck but he cut her off before he could.

"Nah you were just trying to protect her. You couldn't of know what would happen to her. So stop blaming yourself for something that ain't your fault" he said in a more firm voice but reassuring all the same.

Cassie simply nodded her head as silence surrounded them neither wanting to break it and being content in the other's presence.
———————————

The next morning Cassie and Daryl had headed back to the group before any of them had woken up. Once everyone else had woken up the group began planning for the next day.

Rick kept glancing over at his sister a action that didn't go in unnoticed by Lori. She made her way over to her husband and convinced him to go talk to her.

"Cass ar-"

"I'm fine" Cassie smiled at her brother trying to reassure him she was in fact okay. Ricks eyes moved to his sisters palms seeing the fresh crescent shaped marks in her skin he went to grab her wrist but she stopped him.

"Honestly Ricky I'm fine" she told him before walking away. Rick would confront her about that later. He was sick of her always saying 'I'm fine' when he knew she wasn't.

Cassie grabbed her bow and secured her quiver to her back as she checked her knife was in its sheath before moving to stand round the car with everyone else. Before she could a hand grabbed her wrist. She spun around to see Carol looking at her a look of regret on her face.

"Cassie I am so sorry for what I said to you. I never should have said such cruel things to you. You went after her into those woods and I should thank you for protecting her."

Cassie could see from the look in Carols eyes she didn't mean her words from last night. It was her grief taking over as she worried about her little girl and Cassie understood. In anything happened to Carl even though he wasn't her son she'd lose her mind. "It's okay Carol honestly I understand" Cassie said softly pulling the woman in for a light hug that she happily returned. When Cassie pulled a way to make her way over to the car the group were going to gather around she said "we're gonna find your little girl" determined more than ever.

The group then listens in as Shane and Rick began to explain the plan for the day.  "Everybody takes a weapon" Rick told the group as everyone grabbed one knife from the selection Carl had firing the day before. Cassie was stood next to Glenn as he picked up a cool looking knife seeing the grin that spread across his face as he turned to show it to her.