Chapter 36: Regret

Start from the beginning

(Cachiji, please don't say this. And don't fold your hands, you're my elder.)

"Nahi b-beta, me-meri galti hai toh mu-mujhe maafi t-toh mangni hi hai."

(No my ch-child, it's my m-mistake. So I have t-to apologise.)

Meera held Reema's hands and pulled her in for a hug, rubbing the sobbing Reema's back trying her best to console the woman. In Meera's heart, she had long forgotten what had happened in the past and had moved on. Did she have any grudges towards Reema or Rohan? No. Was she looking for an apology? No. Did she think they were wrong for their actions? Yes. But as of now, she just saw a broken woman, who was ignored by her family looking for some sort of comfort. And being the bigger person, she always is, Meera was willing to provide that comfort. 

Meera was busy consoling Reema, and quietening her cries when Shourya came in look for her. "Meera. Chal baba, sab wait kr rahe hai, Aur chach-"

(Meere, let's go, everyone is waiting and chach-)

His steps haltered at the scene in front of him, he poured a glass of water from the side table and sat next to his chachi. 

"Chachi, kya hua? Aap roh kyun rahi hai?" He manages to get Reema out of Meera's arms and hugs her from the side, giving his chachi a kiss on the forehead.

(Chachi, what happened? Why are you crying?) 

Shourya helps Reema sip the water, Meera holds her hand and Shourya wraps his arm around her. 

"Chachiji, jo hona tha woh ho gaye. Abh hume aage ki sochni chahiye na. Please rona band kijiye. Aur jahan tak baat rahi chachaji aur Rohan ki, toh hum bhi dekhte hain ki aapse kab tak naraz rahe gein?"

(Chachiji, what was meant to happen has happened. We have to think of the future now. Please stop crying. And if you're worried about chachaji, then we will also see how long he will stay upset with you?)

"Haan bhai, aise thodi na hota hai. Pr chachi aapko bhi toh himaat dikhani padegi na, hum mardon ki yahi problem hai ki muh phoola kr jaldi beth jaatein hain. Bas kuch din aur, phir Neel chachu kudh aapke peeche peeche aayenge."

(Yes chachi, this is not done. But chachi, you also have to show some courage. We men have this problem, then we very quickly start pouting. Just a few days more and Neel chachu will run after you.)

The couple tried their best to cheer her up, but she was incredibly upset. Somehow they did manage to convince her to come out for a walk and soon the family were out at their local garden for some quality time together. 

Meera had told dadiji and  Suman about the conversation she just had with Reema, which was why the two women ensured to include Reema. Otherwise, the whole family was enjoying themselves. 

"Rohan bhai, mujhe toh lagta hai ki hum jald hi DisneyLand jaynge, dekhiye na kaise bhabhi ke saath chipke hue hai!" Riya giggles and Aarav does a silly dance to tease the couple.

(Rohan bhai, I think we're going to go to Disneyland soon, look at how he's stuck to bhabhi.)

Meera turns beet red and wiggles out of her husband's hold, she moves next to Aarav. She pulls his ear making a stop to his dance and he stands up straight. 

"Haan to ditna jaldi DisneyLand ke plan hoga, uttna hi jaldi tum dono ko jobs starts krni padegi. Shourya ne bola tha ki tum kuch kroge toh hi vo le kr jayge. Warna apni biwi, bacchon aur Jai ke saath hi chala jayga." Rohan says as he ruffles Riya's hair.

(Yes so the quicker they plan to go to Disneyland, the quicker you'll have to get jobs. Shourya said, he'll take you if you end up doing something. Otherwise, he'll take his wife, kids and Jai.)

This earns Rohan a high five from Shourya and a huff from the twins, "Kya bhai, aapko kehna that ki tension maat lo, mein hun na. Mein le jaunga. Aur aap hain ki."

(Eh bhai, you were supposed to say, don't worry, I am here. I'll take you guys. And here you are.)

Rohan laughed at Aarav imitating his voice as they kept walking. The elders watched the youngsters tease and laugh with each other. Neel was glad that Rohan was finally finding his place amongst them and he was welcomed with open arms.

So guys! How did you like the update?

Please vote, comment and share your opinions.

What did you guys think of Reema's emotional outburst? 

Do you think she is regretful because of the way her husband is treating her? Or do you think because of the sudden isolation, she's had time to reflect on everything that has happened from the start and she's finally starting to realise her mistakes?

Love you guys, and see you in the next update! 

<3