"....I forgot to make the paper of final year of honors!"

Her eye widened in disbelief and she slouched back on the bed, sighing in annoyance.

"Dammit, how could I forget about this when it's my direct responsibility?! I haven't looked for any questions at all...Urgh, goddamit!"

She pinched her naval bridge then looked at the clock showing 8:30 pm, she pouted slightly then picked up her plate and remote.

".....After 1 episode."

Well, who could have guessed that the uptight and meticulous Ice Queen was also prone to procrastination and ended up watching 5 episodes back-to-back until it was 10:30 pm and she finally sat down to make the paper, a decision she regretted for the rest of the night.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

It was now a pleasant Saturday morning as you got ready to leave for your extra classes with Ms Rosalyne. You had dropped her a message that you would be reaching soon as per your norm but she didn't reply which you found strange but didn't ponder over. You had decided to meet an hour earlier in order to study more as mid-terms were nearing and she also wanted to discuss the new plan she had made. 

You reached exactly at 10 am and rang her doorbell, patiently waiting for her to open but surprisingly, she was taking quite long. You rang the bell once again and attempted to turn the knob in case the door was already open but it was locked, you then took out your phone and were about to call her when you heard fast approaching footsteps from inside and the door flung open.

"Good morning, Ms Rosa-"

You beamed a smile but stopped mid-sentence as you were utterly shocked looking at your teacher's state in front of you, all dishevelled and sleep deprived. Her usual well styled hair was messy and uncombed, she was still wearing a nightdress instead of one of her pretty dresses she'd wear at home in front of guests. On the other hand, while it was hard to notice but she wasn't wearing any makeup either although you came to appreciate her natural look fairly quickly as she looked more beautiful to you this way.

And the most prominent thing you noticed was the lack of a very unique accessory- her eyepatch. She was neither wearing her black embroidered one nor the square white hospital one, it was her true face at this moment simply hidden by her side parted hair which she soon swiped away from her face giving you a once-in-a-lifetime look at her real face. You had expected some sort of injury but the sight in front of you was much graver than your imagination, it wasn't a simple cut or scar- no, it was burned, the entirety of her right face up till her cheek was burned and her eye could barely open.

Your mouth almost hung open in shock and you were speechless, so many questions ran through your mind with the top one being, "What happened? How did she get hurt?". Unfortunately, you were in no capacity to ask them as it wasn't your place. She groaned and scratched her head before meeting eyes with you and being immediately taken back as if she wasn't expecting to see you at all but soon realised the situation and straightened herself.

"Y-Y/n! You are here, is it time already?"

"Y-Yes, we had decided to start early today...."

She finally remembered and cursed herself internally then her hand went to rest on her face only to realise she couldn't feel her patch; her eye widened and she briefly looked at you and easily made out your surprised expression and where your gaze was focused. As if on instinct, she swiftly combed her hair over it and also fixed the rest of her appearance to look presentable. Her eyes filled with a look of understanding- a look of hurt. She averted her gaze, suddenly feeling self-conscious.