Ch. 60 - A Competent Blue

Start from the beginning

"Yes?" They asked, simply there.

"DO YOU PLAN TO PARTICIPATE?" Blue asked. It was obvious they would be there. They always were, just out of sight. But that wasn't what he was asking.

"... I do." Core gripped their hands in determination. "When the time comes, I will say my part."

"THANK YOU, FRISK." Blue said gently and ruffled their hair. It was less tangible than usual, and Blue could only assume something was going on in the multiverse taking some of their attention.

"The sooner they get back to their jobs, the better." Core said, looking into the distance at something only they could see. "I'll do what I can in the meantime."

Before he could ask, they were simply gone. It seemed that with the Balance holders preoccupied, Core decided to pick up the slack. If it were dire, he trusted them to ask for help when it would be necessary. Until then, he merely added their name to the guest list.

Finally Blue created a Google Doc for them to add ideas for negotiation including three points of organization. A, what do we want; B, what do they want; and C, what is of roughly equal value in A and B.

Linking over five hundred people to the same document could only bring about good things. After all, if two heads are better than one, this must be so much better!

After all that was written out, Blue added a footnote expressing his optimism regarding the truce. A habit he couldn't help but keep from his younger days. It was always a good idea to leave things off on a positive note! What better way than literally!

Blue hit send, and a wave of satisfying buzzes mixed with god awful ringtones filled the room. No doubt Judge phones across the Multiverse are also doing likewise.

It didn't take long for brows to furrow at the more professional than usual type report from Blue. A few glanced his way, but he pretended not to notice, starting on the Doc. One by one they settled in to read the report.

Blue wouldn't admit it, but he was a little nervous they would call him a traitor for being caught by Fate. That he wouldn't be seen as reliable.

No, Blue reassured himself. They wouldn't be that shallow to not hear him out first ... again ... oh stars ...

But, so far, he was only getting a few looks from the others, which bode well. But he couldn't ignore them forever.

Focusing on his laptop, he was taken by surprise as a hand landed on his shoulder causing him to jump and let out a non-magnificent squeak.

Blue eye lights met blue hoodie and traveled up to see Classic and he relaxed.

"woah there." Classic said with his usual laid back attitude. "didn't mean to make you jump out of your skin."

"MWEH!" Blue huffed at the pun. "THE MAGNIFICENT BLUE DOES NOT JUMP! THERE WAS ALSO A DISTINCT LACK OF SKIN BEFORE I DIDN'T DO SAID JUMPING."

"anyway." Classic said, sliding into the seat next to Blue and dropping his skull into folded arms as if he could fall asleep any second. "read the report. you did a good job."

"TH-THANK YOU." The worry Blue had was slowly starting to ease up for the pride he felt at the compliment. Blue smiled, gazing into his fidgety hands. He could do this.

"you doin' alright after all that?" Classic asked, bringing Blue out of his thoughts.

Rather than simply say 'i'm fine.' Blue decided to ask cautiously. "WHICH PART?"

"fate." Classic said, glancing at Blue.

Blue cringed. "AS WELL AS I CAN BE. IT'S NOT LIKE SHE MADE ME DO HORRIBLE THINGS. JUST HAD ME CONTINUE TO ACT AS A NOVICE LEADER. I COULDN'T PUBLICLY IMPROVE AND HELP AS MUCH AS I WANTED. THAT." Blue pulled out the doll Error made from his pocket for something to fiddle with. Classic recognized it as he was there when it was handed over by Error. "AND I'VE KNOWN ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS FOR A LONG TIME THAT I COULDN'T SHARE. IMPORTANT THINGS."