𝟎𝟏𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞.

From the corner of her eye she could see two men getting closer to her but she maintained eye contact with the man inside the car

From the corner of her eye she could see two men getting closer to her but she maintained eye contact with the man inside the car. "There's no need for that." She held her hand out just as the men reached her and they came to an abrupt stop as they watched her open the door and willingly enter the car.

The two men looked at each other completely baffled. Never in their years of working for Singh had they kidnapped someone so easily.

"You know, I had expected you to put up more of a fight Miss Routledge." Carlos Singh told her as his eyes peered into her, trying to understand why she would enter the car by choice.

"What do you want?" Saylor sighed, of course she couldn't make a swift exit of the island. She's Saylor Routledge and nothing in her life was smooth sailing.

"I see you are parting ways with your friends... your family." He motioned to her duffel bag that was by her feet in the footwell. "I want to make you a proposal."

Honestly that was better than what she was expecting him to say, she was almost certain he was going to threaten her and put her in harms way. "Look, I don't have the diary. I can't help you."

"This isn't about the diary Miss Routledge." Mr Singh confessed which confused the girl. Everything since she had left the island had been about finding that diary and Carlos had made known the lengths he would go to in order to find it.

"It's not?" Saylors eyebrows were pulled together creating a wrinkle between her eyes.

"I believe you and I could help each other out. I propose a partnership." The car engine rumbled as it began to move down to road but Saylor didn't even notice as she looked at Mr Singh her jaw hung open slightly. "I'm offering you a chance to be on the winning side, to be my equal."

As much as she hated it the proposal sounded tempting, after everything she had lost she deserved to be on the winning team. But what was most appealing was the idea of being someone's equal. Someone that was respected and appreciated, someone who was never an afterthought.

"And what do you get out of it?" Saylor used her arms to push herself further up the chair whilst she looked at him inquisitively. It made no sense, she couldn't see what he would gain from her working beside him.

"Leverage." Carlos smirked as he revealed his answer. He believed he had the perfect plan, if ever he needed information he could simply use Saylor as leverage.

"Not over my father." Saylor let out a scoff. "He would watch me die if it meant the gold stayed in his hands and not yours." Her own words hurt as she spoke them out loud but it only added fuel to the flame which was Singhs offer.

"I fear you lack faith in you father, but even if your claims turn out to be true there are others that care for you." Singh leant back in his seat getting comfortable. "Your brother for example."

Her brother who ignored her pleas when she asked him to turn to speed boat around. Her brother that left her on the side of the road to go to Charleston with their father.

Saylor knew that despite everything that had happened there was no way he would allow his sister to die for the gold. Maybe someone did love her enough for her to be leverage.

A traitor was something Saylor Routledge had never been, and it was something she would never become. So when she shook hands with Singh she didn't do so without her own pretences.

☘︎︎

"I have properties all over the globe." Singh informed her as they arrived at a large estate building on part of the island Saylor didn't even know existed.

The Cameron house was nothing but a shed in comparison to the Singh property. In fact you could probably fit 7 Cameron homes on the estate and still have room for 2 Olympic size swimming pools and multiple tennis courts.

Saylor hadn't spoken a word since she entered the grande hallway, she couldn't comprehend how someone could live like this when less than 35 minutes away people were surviving in the cut with no electricity or hot water.

"Make yourself comfortable, there is a room ready for you upstairs on the second left. If you need anything let the workers know. We will discuss business soon, but as of now there is somewhere I need to be." Singh left immediately not giving the girl anytime to respond which was most likely a good idea seen as she was still completely bamboozed by how she had gotten herself into this situation.

An hour ago she was packing her bag and on her way to leave the island but she had somehow found herself stood inside a colossal mansion with house maids and butlers at her service.

Saylor hadn't moved from her spot until she was prompted by one of the guards, she recognised him as one of them that was in the car with her. "I will show you to your room." He smiled at her, he had no reason to use force like the guards had previously. She was Singhs partner as she would be treated as such.

"Thank you." Saylor followed him up the stairs and when they reached the room he held the door open for her.

The room was much like the one she had been held in the very first time she had encountered Singh, only this time it was by choice and she had the freedom to leave.

"I'm Carlton." The brunette haired guard stood by the door introduced himself. "Figured I'd introduce myself seen as iv been tasked with watching over you. Your still seen as a flight risk I'm afraid."

Carlton was different from everyone else that worked for Singh, it wasn't only shown in his actions but Saylor could see the genuine compassion and gentleness behind his eyes.

Saylor nodded her head, it made sense for her to be monitored. Her deal with Singh was new territory and neither of them fully trusted each other yet. "Nice to meet you Carlton." She held out her hand and he placed his own in hers with a shake. If they were going to be forced to spend time together they might as well at least try and get along, but Saylor doubted that would be an issue.  "Now, that's out of the way." She pulled her hand away from his and looked at him with her head titled to the side. "Don't suppose there is any bleach in here?"

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟏𝟑𝟔

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟏𝟏𝟑𝟔