Chapter 5 Eat with me

Start from the beginning

I turn back to the front when the door opens up on the drivers seat side. Marcus slides in and glances over at me. He doesn't say a word and pulls out of the parking lot, ignoring me the whole way to our destination. I hope it's like this for the next month...

**********************************

When I say his house or should I say mansion, is huge, that's an understatement. My mouth hangs open as we pull into the long gated driveway. The mansion practically shines. Marcus parks out front and gets out to open my door. I know my face gives away my shock, but I can't help it. Two men dressed in white collared uniforms emerge from the large front doorway and immediately take our bags. I shake my head as one of the men tries to take the kennel. "Oh I've got this one! Thank you so much for your help."

Marcus rolls his eyes and the two men leave taking my things with them. Marcus motions for me to follow him and we enter into his home. He chuckles at my expression when I see the large chandelier hanging above our heads in the entry way. He takes me from room to room and I can't keep my mouth from dropping open. This home is not like anything I've ever seen.

"So what do you think" he looks at me expectantly as we reach the top step of his long stairwell. Still in awe I say quietly, "well, it's definitely bigger than mine, that's for sure."

He grins and grabs onto my hand, making my eyes go wide. He quickly leads me down the long hallway and pulls me into a room. "Woah wait! What do you think you-"

The room I am now in is beautiful, and massive just like the rest of the house. The walls are a pretty creme color and the floor is made of marble. The bed in the middle of the room looks like it could fit five people on it comfortably. He let's go of my hand and watches as I make my way over to it. I set down Finn's kennel and admire the white bed set. The silk sheets are beautiful and I can't help but run my hands along them.

"Do you like it?" He asks me.

I simply nod, feeling overwhelmed. When he doesn't say anything, I looked up at him. He looks a little worried and I feel the need to reassure him. "It's lovely. Probably the most beautiful room I've ever been in."

His face relaxes and he says, "Well, I'm glad you like it,because it's yours while you stay here."

My eyes widen, and I immediately bring my hand away from the bed. "M-mine?"

He laughs at my reaction, "what? Did you think I would make you sleep in a dark basement?"

"Something like that.." I really didn't expect this. I mean I knew he had a lot of money, but not this much. I really didn't expect to be staying in a room like this.

He's watching my face and I can't help but give him a small smile. He immediately walks over to me and leans in. I hold my breath, unable to move. His lips are inches from mine and I can feel my pulse quicken. Next thing I know he pushes me onto the bed, and I'm pinned beneath him. His hands have hold of my wrists securing me in place. I glare up at him wriggling under him.

He is too...close.

"Get off of me Marcus. We can't do this." My voice says something completely different, and the look in his eyes lets me know that he hears the hesitation. I won't deny that the chemistry between us is strong, but I can't let myself get trapped in whatever this is..

He leans down and grazes my ear with his teeth. Tingles surge through my body and I turn my head away from him refusing to give in. This can't happen, especially because I barley know him and since I've know him he's been nothing but awful.

He grabs my face gently and turns it back so that I'm looking up at him. "What if I say I don't want to? What if I told you that I haven't stopped thinking of you since the day you ran into me."