I suck in a breath and allow the chilly air to whip the bare skin of my legs and my chest. They should be home soon, they never stay at work too late. Especially not with everything going on with Landon right now, I know they want to get back to make sure everything is okay.

But it has been and that's calmed me over these last couple of weeks.

The wind begins to pick up, rustling against my ears but I don't mind it. In fact I find it quite relaxing in a weird way. I love being outside, I love listening to nature as it calls. It brings me hope that I will get the chance to explore the world, see parts that I have dreamt of.

When my skin begins to rise in harsh goosebumps, I know it's time to go back to bed. If I don't sleep now, I never will.

I turn back to the patio door and frown. I'm sure I shut it to stop the cold air from seeping in but now it's slightly ajar. My head tilts and I tell myself that I must be exhausted because I can't remember if I did either to be honest.

My bare feet thank me when I press them into the heated floors, I twist to the door and lock it using the key. I take one glance at the clock and sigh, I hope Gabriel isn't being worked too hard by Lonzo. It's so damn late.

As I walk through the kitchen and towards the stairs, a sound of rustling charging towards me, startles me from behind. I turn to the sound quickly, my heart spiking at the invasion. Suddenly I am tackled to the ground aggressively, I scream out loudly as my back hits the marble floor.

I glance up to find a man with a black face covering across his mouth and nose, he's wearing a dark cap and a hoodie to mask his identity. His hands are trying their hardest to pin down my wriggling limbs but I won't give into this, this is what they've been training me for.

Gun. Gun. Gun. I think. I should have brought my gun.

I curse myself and raise my knee to belt him in the ribs, he releases his grip for a split second and I move from underneath him. My eyes dart to the kitchen counter. Gabriel put a gun there. He put a gun there.

As I run towards the drawer, something grabs my leg and yanks me backwards. I fall at an awkward angle and smack my face on the floor, blood now pouring into my mouth and cleansing my tastebuds with a metallic tang.

"Get. Off. Me." I growl as I kick at his hand.

He takes my shoulder and forces me backwards, I watch his hand as he leans forward to grab my neck and I scream in his face. Fighting and thrashing against his hold. Instead of grabbing my neck, he grips my nightgown and forces a long tear through the middle.

I exhale a low grunt as I widen my mouth, latching onto my arm as he reaches for my neck again, fingers brushing the delicate necklace that sits there. I clamp down on his flesh with my teeth, his blood now fusing into my mouth with my own.

A yelp escapes his lips as he pulls back and I force my legs into his balls, he whines at the sensation and I stand from the floor with shaky legs. I have to get the gun now before he slits my throat for touching his private area.

No man likes his balls being hit. I've definitely learnt that the hard way in the past.

I can hear his harsh breathing behind me but not before he lunges forward and wraps his fingers into my hair, tugging me backwards. A screech escapes my lips and I begin to panic, anything, I need to use anything.

"Stupid bitch," he grumbles in my head. "You're going to pay for that."

Panic flashes through me. Oh God, oh God. He's going to kill me.

Before I know it he's slammed my ribs into the counter, I wince at the pain and grit my teeth. He does it again and again until I'm sure I hear one of the bones crack, tears are slipping from my hold but he's stronger than I am, his grip is like an iron fist.