Chapter 15 - TV Shows and Ugly Tears

Start from the beginning

Your cheeks puffed out as you held back a giggle. Tails looked at your weirdly, confused. It only took him millisecond to know why you wanted to laugh. He chuckled.

"Sorry I'm a mess, if I knew you were coming I would have cleaned up," he motioned himself and then his work space that was cluttered with all typed of tools and machine parts. Gaining your composure, you shook your head.

"Don't worry about it, I'm not the cleanest person either," you reassured. Crossing his arms, he gazed down at you, with a smug smile and half lidded eyes. With an eyebrow raised, his tails swished in amusement. Cheeks burning with a soft blush, you corrected yourself, "Get your head out the gutter, I mean room wise...WAIT-"Tails laughed at your frazzled self. Your hands covered your face in embarrassment, burning a hot red.

"You should see your face," he snorted, taking a few steps back as he lost his balance from laughing.

"Shut up," you humored, gently pushing his on his arm as he walked back towards you. Attempting to pretend to be mad, you looked away with closed eyes, but failed immediately laughing at your own words. "At least I'm no the one with a greasy moustache." His ears flicked back defensively, his eyes turning serious. He smiled as he dropped his jacket on the floor next to him.

"Oh yeah?" he questioned. Noticing his change in behaviour, you look at him suspiciously, backing away.

"Hold on now, lets think this through-" you couldn't finish before Tails leaped towards you. Attempting to jump away, you were caught in a gentle headlock. Trying to pull your head out of the trap, you squealed as he rubbed his greased hands over your face.

"No, this is abuse!" you joke, closing your eyes as you felt your face get covered. As he let you go, you tried to wipe your face clean but only managed to get your gloves black. "Dude, seriously," you chuckled. Your second favourite jumper now ruined.

He laughed, tails ununified as they swayed in pride. He smiled, picking up his jacket before facing you again.

"Now you have cat whiskers...Oh, now I have the perfect nickname for you-" he caught your eye with his, mischief glowing in them. He rubbed his hands together evilly.

"Don't you even think-"

"Kitty." He waved his hand in front of his face like stage curtains. Your eyes glared daggers at him, wanting nothing more than to throw his jacket into his face.

"Your such a child. And don't ever call me that or you'll lose an eye" you growled, hiding a blush.

"Sure... Kitty." Your tail hit the floor annoyed, creating a cloud of dust. Slowly, you shook you head at him. Giggling at your reaction he went to put his jacket on before pausing. To annoyed to pay attention to him, you were busy trying to smudge the black whiskers of your face. His eyes squinted, analysing his jacket. Pulling the rest of the jacket on, you stopped trying to fix your face when you saw him standing deadly still. He appeared concerned, thinking.

"You okay?" you asked, slowly approaching him.

His head jolted up, snapping out of his mind. His blue eyes reflected your (E/C) eyes as you stared at each other. Shaking his head, he began walking inside his house, glancing back at you before stating, "Lets go clean up. Then we can watch some movies and chill." As he continued on his way, you couldn't help but notice his change in attitude.

Eventually, you followed him inside.

Allowing you to shower first, you sat on his sofa, quickly flashing through the movies and tv shows on his TV. Your fur was slightly damp, making you shiver. Luckily, Tails allowed you to kidnap one of his jumpers- as he ruined yours, and it felt extremely comfy. Maybe it was all in your mind but his jumper felt comfier than any of your own.

Snuggling in the hoodie, and pulling a blanket over your legs, you sat contently, scanning for anything to watch. You were happy to relax for a bit, taking the strain of your wound and healing chest. Taking in a breath, you smelt fresh mint scent of Tails's hoodie making you smile.

Watching the screen, you continued to flick by shows, waiting for anything to catch your attention. Stopping on a random show, you turned your attention to the stairs as you heard Tails walk down them. He wasn't wearing his jacket, probably in the wash from all the dust that went on it, revealing how truly fluffy he is. You didn't really notice before, the grease moustache having been a great distraction. He was mostly dry but his tails were still dripping with water.

"Did you give up," you motion to his tails as he sits down next to you.

"I don't even try," he replies, leaning back against the sofa with closed eyes. You stare at him, amused. Peeking one eye open he smiles. "You know how hard it is to dry double the tail fur, its impossible! And after 21 years, I don't even bother." You nod.

"You know, fair," looking back at the screen, you continue surfing past shows and movies. Stopping at a random movie that had an interesting title, Tails pointed to the one next to it.

"That's a very good show. Short, only about five episodes but man it makes you cry," he comments.

"Pfft, please, there's no way someone can cry watching that. Its like 12 years old," you retort, shaking your head as you read its description.

"Okay if your so tough, how about we watch it then and see if you cry. But, what do you say about making it interesting?"

"I'm all ears," you turn towards Tails as he places a bet.

"If you cry at the end of the show, you gotta buy me lunch later today. If you don't cry, I'll buy you lunch for later today," he put out his hand, wet tails patting the couch as they swayed from side to side.

Confidently, you shook his hand, "Deal. Hope your ready to lose fox boy."

One incredibly depressing TV show later, you sat curled up in a ball in the corner of the sofa, hugging the blanket like its your lifeline. Tears poured down your face and Tails's as he leaned over, head in his hands.

"WHY WOULD THEY END IT LIKE THAT!" you cried, sniffling.

"I KNOW," Tails hickuped, sitting back while rubbing his eyes. His tails curled around him as he whimpered.

"I w-want a r-refund," you managed to wail, rivers flowing down your face.

"His face as she-" Tails couldn't even finish his sentence before crying.

"Don't remain me," you strained, hiccupping.

As the two of you cried on the couch, credits rolling in the background, you both sadly looked at each other tears in your eyes. Your eyes reflected one another's. Both your faces began to scrunch up, about to let the tears free fall again. In that moment you both fell towards each other, hugging. You held Tails and Tails held you. You both wept. You held onto Tails tightly, feeling comforted by his close presence.

"I hate this film," you wept, eyes blurry and puffed as you watched the credits roll in misery.

"Agreed!" Tails wined, "And you owe me lunch."

"I Know," you wailed, leading Tails into crying with you. As you both hugged each other, you pulled yourself closer so you sat side by side. While your outside was crying, and your mind was weeping, your heart was about to self destruct in excitement, like HOLY CRAP TAILS IS SO CLOSE TO ME RIGHT NOW

The front door's handle twisted open, the door swinging open on its hinges. And loud footsteps made their presence known as the intruder walked in with ease.

"Yo, Tails! Whatttt-" Sonic's recognisable voice froze when he saw his best friends and a random lady sitting on the same couch, hugging and extremely close to each other while crying.

With a blurred vision, you and Tails turned your head to the shocked hedgehog. Glancing at Tails as he side eyed you, you both knew this is going to be hard to explain.