Prelude Of The Special Day

Irene birthday is tomorrow as noticed Wendy marked it on the calendar she grabbed her phone and texted Baekhyun to follow her and get a cake for Irene. Baekhyun agreed to it but Wendy didn't really know where to buy one. Then Baekhyun told Wendy that the café she went with Seulgi the other day sells cake so they agreed to meet up there.

They entered the café and was greeted by the only worker there, Yeri. The café is relatively small so Yeri doesn't mind it that she has to run it all by herself.

"Ah welcome, oh you're the one with Seulgi the other day, I assume you are his girlfriend because as far as I can remember Seulgi is not a fan of being in a relationship." Yeri pointed at Wendy when she said girlfriend.

"Yes this is my girlfriend." Baekhyun said that and grabbed Wendy's hand. They've spent a lot of times together but this was the first time ever Baekhyun had hold her hands. Maybe Baekhyun like me she thought but she doesn't want that thought to be haunting her back if she finds out that she was wrong.

"Can you get us a cake please, It's for her friend's birthday." Baekhyun said.

"Sure I have one in the fridge let me go and grab it for you." Yeri said and proceed to go to the fridge.

"Why are you holding my hands?" Wendy asked the question even though she is afraid that the answer won't be what she was expecting.

"I won't let you go..." Baekhyun was thinking about his recent conversation with Seulgi. It really bothers her that there is a possibility that Wendy would actually be gone from his life.

------------------------------

When they reached Wendy's house Wendy had already built up the courage to ask the question to Baekhyun. 

"Back there at the café, why did you said that..." Wendy said with a soft tone to not raise her expectation.

Baekhyun knew that Wendy would eventually ask this question, so he decided that this would be the best opportunity to finally confess his feeling for Wendy.

"Actually Wendy... I've been wanting to say something to you for a while now but never really had the right chance to say it... so actually... uhh." Baekhyun slowly trying to let out her feelings.

"Uhh sorry Baekhyun but I think I can hear my mother calling me from inside hehe, thank you for today see you soon." She ran inside as she said that. Why exactly did Wendy did that was also a question to herself. She's not even sure what Baekhyun will say to her but she just assumed that Baekhyun would confess to her. 

After putting the cake in the fridge she walked up to her room and lie down on her bed. She had a thought once while she was out dating with Baekhyun. She doesn't want Baekhyun to find out that she had cancer and would be gone in less than a month because she doesn't want Baekhyun to treat her any differently as it is right now. She can feel that what Baekhyun doing is right now is sincerely from his heart regardless whether it's because he likes her back or not. If Baekhyun ever confessed to her than she would absolutely grew on him even more which will make the pain that he has to endure on that day even harder and painful. She doesn't want that for Baekhyun.

------------------------------

The clock showed that it's 11 pm. Wendy took out the cake from the fridge and went out of her house. Outside she saw Baekhyun was waiting for her.

"Minho is not coming?" Wendy asked.

"He's afraid if Seulgi is there." Baekhyun laughed.

They walked together down the streets enjoying the night breeze. Suddenly Wendy shivers because it was too cold, Baekhyun saw that and gave his jacket to Wendy. 

"But you would be cold." Wendy said.

"It's ok you could warm my heart." Baekhyun said that without even realizing it like it's a reflex. 

Wendy blushed to that pick up line and immediately looks down so that Baekhyun won't notice that her cheeks are red. 

------------------------------

They finally arrived at Irene's house. It was big and fancy looking as Irene came from a wealthy family. Wendy knocked on the door and Irene opened it. They went inside and head to the dining table. Wendy set up the candles on the cake when Baekhyun saw that Seulgi was also there.

"You invited him?" Seulgi laughed at Irene.

"No Wendy did." Baekhyun said.

"He has a lot of question for you Irene better be prepare." Seulgi patted Irene's shoulder.

"But I haven't said anything yet..." Baekhyun said in disbelief.

"You wouldn't want to miss an opportunity right?" Seulgi teased him.

"Can I?" Baekhyun looked at Irene.

"How about we enjoy my birthday celebration first... then we can talk." Irene replied.

"Hey the cake is ready!" Wendy called for the others.

They all waited and stared at the clock to wait for it to hit 12. After a few ticks and tocks the clock finally hit it. It's officially Irene's birthday. Wendy lights up all the candles on the cake handed it out to Irene as they were all singing the happy birthday song. Irene was thankful to her friends for willing to celebrate his special day with her especially Wendy considering this is her last celebration with her best friend. 

"Thank you everyone for the cake and for coming tonight to celebrate, you guys are good people and good friends I believe in that. Thank you for staying by my side and helping me out whenever I ask for a favor." Seulgi hit Baekhyun's arm when Irene mentioned that.

Irene then stood up and hugged Wendy for a moment. It was wholesome. just two bestfriends hugging as if that was their last. Then Irene hugged Seulgi, it caught her off guard but Seulgi didn't mind it as she doesn't usually or never got a hug from someone.

"Special for you Seulgi." Irene said.

Then Baekhyun opened her arms at Irene. Irene looked at him and laughed.

"What? I don't get a hug?" Irene then hugged him and whispered "Just a little bit more my future husband then it's us two hehe." 

"Irene blow the candle and make a wish." Wendy said to her.

"I wish that all of us will be together forever..." 

"And ever." Wendy finished off her wish.

𝙏𝙤 𝘽𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚𝙙...