¤▪︎ nine ▪︎¤

Tommy was sitting in the living room, using his phone at 6am.

"You're awake early," someone said in the softest voice possible.

Tommy looked up from the couch, crossing his legs after smiling. It was Drista.

"Who said I ever slept?" He asked, voice slightly louder than the other.

"Good point," she said before curling up on the other end of the couch, rubbing her eyes with the her brown polyester sweater.

"Why are you awake, anyway?" Drista questioned, before she let a yawn leave her mouth.

"Because no one comes down until 7am."

Tommy looked back down to his phone. Drista focused on his concentration to the screen.

"Does Dream treat you right?"

Confused yet concerned, Tommy switched off his phone. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, does he give you enough love and affection?"

"God, you really do sound like my aunt."

"Fuck off," she laughed.

"Yeah," Tommy whispered. "He does. I mean, I don't know how much enough is, but I'm definitely happier than I was before."

"Aw, cute. Now, who's Tris and why do people want me to meet them?"

Tommy rolled his eyes, cackling. "He's my brother."

"Oh, makes sense. 'Dream's sister and TommyInnit's brother met up,' I can already see the craziness."

Tommy looked down, picking at his cuticles.

"Is he younger than you?"

"Older, 5 years."

"What incident happened?"

"Gosh, what is this? An interview?"

"Um," Drista stared at the floor. "No, sorry."

Realizing he sounded like his brother, Tommy instantly regretted the words that left his mouth. He smiled awkwardly.

"I'm kidding, ask me whatever. Tristan, he stabbed me. Long story, I'd probably bore you."

"No way, go on. Spill the tea," she smiled excitedly.

After a long conversation about Tommy's life followed by Dream's old life with Drista and their parents, George sees them talking in the living room.

"Why are you guys here?"

"Because no one comes down until 7am, duh," Drista said, copying Tommy's response when she asked him a similar question earlier.

"It's seven thirty," the older said.

Tommy picked up his phone, reading the time only to pay attention to the 2 missed calls.

"Fuck," Tommy whispered after reading the contact name. "Tristan called, I'm calling him back."

"Speaker," Drista said.

"No, what?"

"Speaker or I tell Dream," George replied before walking over.

"Ugh," Tommy groaned, putting the phone on speaker.

Ring ring...

Ring ring...

"Hey, Tom."

"Hi," Tommy responded. "Tris, I'm so sorry."

"What? No, I called so I could apologize. Look, Tom, you've done nothing but be nice. I let my anger get to me, I left you once and I did it again. I'm so sorry for everything. It's not much but I'll try to make it up to you."