19 - The Princes and The Princess

There were a few memories Sabrina had gotten herself used to push back.

Her first kiss was one of them.

She had barely turned fifteen, but Sabrina felt like a full-grown woman because the hormones were starting to kick off like crazy and new things were coming into her understanding. She had gotten her first period the year before but hadn't lost all her childish ways of being until much later.

On that particular day, she had been following Tuktirey around, somewhat enjoying being the babysitter for the day. Tuk was only seven centimetres shorter than Sabrina, but she was the only blue girl around that was smaller, so Sabrina liked to have her around.

Tuktirey was a little girl filled with energy (even now, as a pre-teen, she still was very energetic), and she made Sabrina follow her through the forest and cross through all different kinds of animals.

"Tuk," Sabrina called the native, "slow down!"

Truly, Sabrina wanted to ask Tuk to stop and not to go easy, but she couldn't confess to being terrified of the Pandora creatures yet.

Tuk giggled.

"I'm going as slow as I can, but we have little time to catch them!" she exclaimed, turning her face back to see the human. "They left almost an hour ago!"

Sabrina was confused. "Who left?"

"Neteyam!"

Sabrina narrowed her eyebrows but kept letting Tuktirey lead the way. Neteyam's name answered one part of the question; who would be the other one or two to complete the "they" Tuk used in her sentence?

She wasn't always curious (she knew curiosity would kill the human cat in Pandora), but Sabrina contemplated Neteyam as a friend. Seeing his little sister so eager to catch him made Sabrina wonder about it all.

Neteyam could be up to no good, but Sabrina had severe doubts about that - even then, he was the golden boy, mama's favourite and daddy's soldier. Sabrina couldn't visualise Neteyam going against the rules - as it happened, they had gotten closer because they were the only ones around that wanted to abide by their parents' advice.

"Here!" Tuk whispered excitedly, pulling Sabrina by the hand and turning themselves towards some trees that weren't all that tall compared to the rest around the Omaticaya clan.

Back when the humans hadn't returned, things weren't so bad, and the kids had more freedom to wander around - except for Sabrina Spellman; Norm was very protective of his human baby. However, with Jake Sully's blessing to babysit, Sabrina had the chance to enjoy Tuk's company and explore the beautiful nature of the moon.

"What are we looking at?" Sabrina asked, clueless.

Tuk placed a finger in front of her lips, silencing Sabrina, and then with the same hand, she pointed towards a direction unseen by the human. Some green plants covered Sabrina's view as the girls squatted, so she had to hold the foliage down, and then the scene came to view.

"Lo'ak challenged him," Tuk explained, in a whisper, "I heard them."

Sabrina had heard them too - the night before, Neteyam and Lo'ak got into a massive fight about nonsense topics, typical sibling rivalry. Sabrina had been eating outside with Spider, both discussing different ways of combining fruits, when they heard the Sully brothers get closer and louder.

"Stop getting in my way, bro!" Lo'ak had shouted. "You're always cutting me off."

"Well, someone has too! You have no respect!" Neteyam shouted back.

Lo'ak clicked his tongue so loudly that even though Sabrina couldn't see it, she knew the expression the younger boy must have had on.

"Oh, please," Lo'ak snorted, "She's thirteen like me; stop worrying!"