Chapter 2

Blumiere continued to hold the lantern while Dimentio held the book. Even though the book was all they'd technically need in order to cross into the living world, Blumiere kept the lantern with him because he was simply curious about it as well. He had a lot of questions regarding the strange object, the main one being why he could make it glow. He knew very well that his own powers couldn't do such things.

Dimentio's powers were technically made up of a form of neutral magic, even though his abilities had many traits that would classify as dark magic. Neutral magic had far fewer limitations than pure dark or light magic, so it was even more confusing that Dimentio wasn't able to make the light glow.

There was a time many years ago when there were just two forms of magic. Light and dark. Of course, as years passed, different forms began to branch off, leading to hundreds of thousands of different categories of magic, however at the end of the day, all forms of power boil down to either descending from either light or darkness. Blumiere's powers were purely dark magic, as he came from the Tribe of Darkness, so the fact that he made the lantern glow was nothing short of mind-boggling.

Blumiere was quite nervous to go to the living world. He knew that the public might not exactly be excited to see him, considering everything that happened while he was Count Bleck. He was even more worried for Dimentio's sake, considering the fact that everyone knew he was the one to make things get really crazy right up at the end. 

However, Dimentio didn't seem quite so worried. In fact, he didn't seem worried at all. He either didn't care what people would think of him or was too blinded by the idea of getting out of the Underwhere. 

Before leaving, the two of them somewhat discussed a game plan. They both knew very well that they didn't belong in the living world, as there would be no place left for them to really go. Besides, until actually passing over to the Overthere, they would be forced to stay somewhat close to one another. So, neither of them made any plans to try to destroy all worlds and whatnot. They agreed to strictly focus on making it to the Overthere. Blumiere was past the idea of total destruction, but he was still slightly skeptical of Dimentio. He knew that the loss after the whole Super Dimentio incident really hurt the jester's pride, but he still wasn't sure if Dimentio would opt to try again or not. Being locked in the Underwhere can change a person's perception of the world, but he knew that there was a small risk of Dimentio causing chaos once again.

However, Dimentio agreed not to do anything of the sort, noting that the Dark Prognosticus was gone and that he probably wouldn't be able to plan anything with Blumiere there practically breathing down his back. Still, Blumiere made a promise to himself to keep an eye on him. He didn't want to show up with Dimentio back in the living world, only to throw everything into chaos once again. That would make finding forgiveness nearly impossible.

That was the next issue. What did the hags mean by finding forgiveness? Would the book give them a set of instructions on what exactly they needed? Because forgiveness can be a lot of things. Will someone have to verbally say the words 'I forgive you,' or will they need to be genuine? What if someone forgives, then takes it back? Who do they even need forgiveness from? The hags said that it was one specific person, but Blumiere and Dimentio had wronged quite a few people in their lives, so how the heck were they supposed to press forward? Was Blumiere going to have to speak to each and every person in Sammar's Kingdom and apologize for destroying everything? Was he going to have to make formal apologies to everyone across every single dimension for scaring them with the whole void mess?

He sure hoped not, because that could take quite a while...

Dimentio, on the other hand, wasn't quite nearly as worried. He was confident that in time, the book would reveal more and tell them exactly who they needed forgiveness from and exactly what they needed to do. Books always held all the answers, after all. If someone had the power to use something as stupid and pointless as forgiveness to turn a sinning soul pure, then surely that person would be generous enough to write down clear instructions in their little book.