Vol.16 Ch.13: The Meme Is All We Have

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Is it really that hard for you to learn at least one or two meta classes?" Yuel asked.

"Yep, it's mega hard. It's at least as hard as it is for you to learn how to play a meme or two."

"And yet, I did study how to play your memes. It was a truly unpleasant experience and I wanted to give up on it many times, but I did it all the same."

"Haha, yeah, that's true..." Luke smiled wryly. I forgot this guy is like the epitome of tryhard. He's so tryhard that he shit talks my memes but is still willing to spend his time researching them. I can't beat that. I'm not hardcore enough.

"Welp, you're just something else, man." Luke dodged the confrontation. "Clearly, I'm not on the same level as you."

"Then try getting closer to it, please."

"Nah, it won't happen. Your level of obsession with the game is borderline insanity, ya know?"

"Is it? I think this much is an expected amount of effort for somebody who is seriously aiming to win the regionals."

"Actually, no," Kai interjected. "I don't like doing this, but I gotta agree with Luke on this one."

"Hey!" Luke pouted. "What do ya mean you 'don't like it'? Rude."

"It's because most of your takes on this topic are rubbish. You're the prime example of a lazy bum who doesn't take the competition seriously."

"Hey, hey, I'm not THAT bad, am I? Didn't you see my DK mop the floor with these so-called 'champions'? Just so you know, I've trained hella hard to make my DK work this well. So, you see? I'm working real hard!"

"Sure, sure." Kai rolled her eyes. "Anyway, I reluctantly agree with you that it's unrealistic to hold anybody to Yuel and Lars's standards. They're hardcore on a whole other level."

"Yep, totally."

"I don't like to admit it," Kai testified. "But, even I feel left a little behind sometimes. I already take the game far more seriously than most, but even I can't compete with how obsessed they are with the game."

"Dang, even cap feels this way?" Luke cracked a laugh. "These bruhs are total fanatics, word."

"With that said," Kai stressed. "That's no excuse to not try harder. For example, you could stick around for a little longer after regular training hours. But instead, you always run home straight away as if you have a family with five kids to feed."

"Hey, hey. Even if I tune out early from the club, it doesn't mean I don't practice at home, you know?"

"Oh?" Kai blinked. "Are you saying that you do?"

"Well, sometimes." Luke shifted his eyes away, which made the answer sound dubious at best. "I mean, how do ya think I brought my DK to this level? Tons of secret training, hehe~"

"Seriously? That makes this even sadder." Kai spat a sigh. "So you DO have the motivation to train harder every now and then, but you rather spend all that energy on preparing a meme that you didn't even bother informing us about, just so you can 'surprise' us or whatever. Are you for real?"

"Weeeelp, it does sound a little silly when you put it that way." Luke scratched his head. "But hey, Yuel already chewed me out enough, so yeah, I understand now. It's better to keep you posted on what spicy meme I'm preparing."

"Even before that," Yuel said. "The fact you spend your spare time practicing a meme instead of improving with good classes is a huge problem in itself. Why can't you pour even half of that energy into learning at least one meta class?"