Chapter Twenty-One: A Kick Below The Belt

Nathaniel sat in the interview room.

His eyes, that were now resting on the clock, were rimmed red with tiredness, and tears. He had never been so empty and helpless in his life. And he thought it couldn't get worse.

They had all been seperated after the gun had gone off.

He had been in this room for 4 hours telling the story of what had happened over and over again. Of course the police believed him. The evidence was rested on the desk in Samantha's Father's office. It was just a case of not knowing what was going to happen next.

The sound of the gun going off kept on reveberating around his head over and over again. He didn't think it was going to stop. The uncertainty. Not knowing what had just happened.  

Elena was on the ground first. All eyes flickered over to Samantha, who was now standing uncertain, shocked and completely frightened. The gun gently clattered to the floor, as her hands fell slack. She looked  down at her Mother lying dead on the floor and fell to her knees. Her face looked empty of feeling and life. Everyone was silent, waiting to see what she would do next. And she silently slumped to the ground.

Nathaniel, David and Richard  had rushed towards the police to try and stop them from taking her and they had simply ended up cuffed and in the back of the van. And one by one, each of the boys were seperated and taken to different parts of the police station.

Nathaniel hadn't seen Richard or David since they had been taken, and he hadn't seen Samantha since he had been escorted from the room. But he knew if he didn't leave that room soon he would probably go mad, although he was already starting to.

The door unlocked and a policeman came in, followed by the DC that had been there when the incident had happened. They both came in, locking the door behind them, and took a seat on the opposite side of the table. They both sighed before one of them spoke.

"My name is  DC Harry Clovis, and this is my partner LO Rhianne Davis"

Nathaniel nodded not replying.

"So I believe your name is Nathaniel Fordstow?" The Constable Clovis asked flipping out his notebook and beginning to write notes.

Nathaniel nodded grimly looking down at the table.

"And how old are you Nathaniel?"

He sighed before answering. "19 years old"

Constable Clovis wrote this down too.

"And what exactly is your relationship with Miss Samantha Isabella Rosewood?"

Nathaniel paused before answering this.

"We are good friends, and two people who are in the same band"

Constable Clovis paused and looked at him before writing it down. Then he closed his notebook and put his hands together.

"Right. So altogether we can all honestly say that Samantha is not at fault for what happened today. She was  trying to defend herself as well as you and the other two lads from her Mother. Whom we also believe shot her Father shortly before you all arrived. Is this correct?"

Nathaniel nodded putting his head in his hands.

"We would also like to let you know that when the gun went off it was Elena Anabel Rosewood who was killed. Samantha Isabella Rosewood is currently in the medical area suffering from shock. We are going to have her taken to a hospital for her recovery before questioning her. Bearing in mind that she is innocent.

Nathaniel finally sat up straight. Now he knew that Samantha was okay, he could rest.

"However, there is the charge of assault against you, when you grabbed DC Barking at the Rosewood residence"