Chapter Three: School

Samantha and Jasmine were walking to school arm in arm. As normal. The only difference was that Samantha was thinking about what her mother had threatened her with the night before. “I’m going to make your life sheer hell for it” circled around her head in endless patterns. Jasmine and Samantha were giggling about Will. The boy that Samantha used to like before she started seeing Jonathan. It surprised her the way things had changed. She could have any boy she wanted and she picked the one she had known her whole life.

As they walked into the playground the normal crowd of boys surrounded them. Some of them being extremely sweet. And the rest offering things in a less polite manner with hand gestures.

“Arghh!” Jasmine exclaimed. “Piss off, the lot of you!” She shouted after them as they scampered into school. Then she looked as Samantha. They burst into a fit of laughter and then walked into school and straight to the lessons.

St Andrews High School was the best school in the county, if you were talking about courses in year 10. Otherwise it was just a case of fitting in or getting kicked the shit out of. The place was wonderful of course, well decorated, exquisite lunches and snobby teachers. But the students were just as bad as any other public school. Actually, public school would be better. All the girls had shorter than short skirts, and the boys liked to look up them, not that the girls cared.

As Samantha and Jasmine filed into their first class with the rest of the year 10's they looked around. There was only one new boy. He was sitting in the back of the classroom with a trilby hat and skinny jeans on. He looked as bored as ever. “Do you see that boy back there?” Jasmine nudged Samantha. Samantha looked up at him just as he eyed her with curiosity. He revealed a pair of green eyes and red hair under his hat. He was amazingly gorgeous. They walked over to him subtlety. “Hey” Samantha smiled at him. She sat down next to him and looked over hesitantly. He looked up again. And a smile came up on his face. “Um, Hi” He mumbled looking at her feebly, biting his lip. Jasmine eyed him up with keen interest and he stared straight back so she gave up. That was definitely not normal. "I’m Emmett Alex Rosewood” He said. Samantha gasped. Her last name wasn’t common, and as far as she was concerned, hers was the only family with that name. “Your last name is Rosewood?” She half asked him. Emmett nodded. “How?” He sighed. “My Fathers last name wherever he is. His name is William Rosewood. He lives around here somewhere. And he has a family”. By then Samantha’s mouth was so far open she wasn’t sure if she would be able to close it again. The words she knew she needed to say were stuck in her throat and she didn’t know if she would get them out. “My fathers name is William Rosewood. We live in Rosewood Mansions”. She whispered. He frowned. “Hold up!” Jasmine was sitting between them confused. “Are you basically saying that you’re her brother?” She said. She had screwed up eyebrows; annoyed. “He smiled “Guess so”. Samantha didn’t move for a second. “You need to come back to the house after school” My father needs to see you. You look like him and everything.” She was stunned to the seat.

“No problem” he smiled back at her. “Nice to meet you”

 After Samantha and Jasmine left their first lesson both their mouths were hanging open in shock. Samantha couldn't believe that her father had another child and had never told her. She wondered if her Mother knew, and how she would react, although if she was completely honest, she actually didn't care. At that precise moment, her Mother didn't matter to her one bit, she didn't even exist. And she never regretted thinking that, she knew she never would, especially not with what her Mother put her and Jonathan through, and Cathy too when she was home. She couldn't understand it really, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to. Or if she just wanted to bury it.

Deep down inside her she had a bad feeling about Emmett, something she knew she wouldn't be able to explain to Jasmine. She couldn't even really explain it to herself.