Chapter 9

TIME: 8:30PM
LOCATION: DINING ROOM

What really annoyed me about how everything started, was that I was just about to tuck into a sandwich, with proper ham and everything!

I've just said so to Daisy but she just called me a chump. At least she didn't call me a plum.

Although I suppose that name is reserved especially for George and Alexander.

Speaking of George, I think he is writing to someone me and Daisy know. Possibly someone in our very dormitory.

How have I come to this conclusion, you may ask. Well it really is rather interesting, but Daisy has just told me to stop getting sidetracked and just write the case down!

𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘭, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰.. 𝘏𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘭-𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥, 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶! 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯, 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘣𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺! - 𝒯𝒽ℯ ℋℴ𝓃ℴ𝓊𝓇𝒶𝒷𝓁ℯ 𝒟𝒶𝒾𝓈𝓎 𝒲ℯ𝓁𝓁𝓈.

Yes yes, alright! Anyways as I was trying to say, something rather shocking happened, well not shocking or surprising really, crime seems to follow me and Daisy around like a lost dog.

We heard a very high-pitched scream coming from the stairs. Daisy immediately jumped up, with that gleam that only detecting gives her eyes.

George stood up about a fraction of a second after her, and me and Alexander exchanged a worried look. Could there really have been yet another murder?

Alexander sighed, "Well, here we go again Hazel! I wonder how quickly we will solve this?"

"Probably quite quickly with you on the case!" I laughed.

"Are you two coming or not? We must go straight to the stairs!" Daisy shouted to us among the chaos, she had already managed to run to the door with George before realising that we weren't following.

"Yes, hurry up Alex! I want a good look at the body!" George cried.

I saw Alexander immediately turn pale at the mention of a body. I was feeling the same way, I absolutely detested dead bodies.

"Right. Let's just get it over and done with." I said decisively to Alexander, who nodded and took a deep breath.

"Good idea." He murmured, his face set.

We quickly walked to the door where Daisy and George were waiting impatiently for us.

"You are so slow!" Daisy moaned before she ran off in the direction of the stairs.

I sighed and ran after her, with Alexander and George right behind me.

We soon reached the stairs, when we got there, however, Daisy cried out "What??" and a little quieter, just so the three of us could hear, "Where on earth is the body?"

She had asked a good question, there was no body to be seen, apart from the living ones in the huge crowd that had gathered by the stairs.

"Wait, is that a blood stain on the stairs?" Alexander whispered.

I gasped, what on earth was going on?

"Alright everybody! Please remain calm!" A voice boomed, "We are trying to figure out the reason behind this.. disturbance! Please go to your rooms, and keep the doors locked! We will inform you of what has happened in the evening!"